Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Please help... I feel huge 😔

Cordial11 · 20/10/2019 11:53

I have thyroid disease which has caused massive weight gain but this week I just feel revolting. I can’t bare to even look in the mirror!

Please help me with some meal plans for weight loss.

I live in aus and the summer is coming. I cannot bare the thought of being in swimwear ahhhh I am close to tears Sad

OP's posts:
Please
or

edwardson · 20/10/2019 16:17

Cordia I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling crap. It's an awful feeling but remember a) it's just a body, despite what the media we consume might tell us, you are not defined by the size of your thighs b) you've suffered a health problem, and it will take a while to get a healthy balance that works for you. Give yourself a break because if you want to lose weight, you'll be happier and more successful if you're able to start out positively, and be kind to yourself.

Please
or

Cordial11 · 20/10/2019 19:47

@edwardson thank you so much! I am just struggling where to even start and find something right for me that eill work Sad I need atleast 5 stone off!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Alwaysgrey · 20/10/2019 19:49

I’m in a similar position. Ideally need to lose 5 if not 6 stone. I’m very ashamed. Definitely start with diet. Cutting out junk, drinking more water. Meal plan.

Please
or

makingmiracles · 20/10/2019 19:59

Look up Michael Moseley and the blood sugar diet. Very successful at reversing type 2 diabetes and plenty of people doing it have thyroid issues and still lose successfully. It’s low carb/ high fat but the fat helps you feel fuller for longer. He has a book and there is a fb group.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.