Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Help re MyFitnessPal?

Honeybee79 · 22/04/2018 15:11

Hi all - need a bit of advice! I have about a stone to lose and have decided to count calories and track using MyFitnessPal, but I'm struggling to log meals on there. It's fine if you want to log, say, a banana, or a glass of white wine, or a sarnie you bought in Pret, but what do you do if you've cooked a curry/lasagne/casserole etc from scratch? No clue how many calories the things I cook from scratch would contain (I could guess). I could weigh out all the ingredients and calculate it, but then if I scooped myself out a serving I still wouldn't have much of an idea of how many calories there are in that serving!

I cook dinner from scratch most nights and not a clue how to log this. Guestimate?

Thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

BoringUsername444 · 22/04/2018 15:14

You go to ‘create recipie’ and add every single ingredient and amount you or in then the number of people it serves.
Voila.
I use it all the time

Please
or

yellowmellw · 22/04/2018 15:16

I normally just get a total of the whole meal say a lasagne and then divide by portions served. Along as it's roughly same sized portions then it should be ok

Please
or

Honeybee79 · 22/04/2018 15:24

OK, thanks. So I guess if I build up a stock pile of "meals" then once that is done it's pretty easy.

OP's posts:
Please
or

MrsD28 · 22/04/2018 20:31

I do what others have suggested - I build recipes for the exact servings sizes and then and am really careful to measure and cook the recipe in exactly the same way every time. I did a stockpile of some of our most common meals (plus all my breakfasts and lunches, as I tend to have the same stuff most days) which has definitely cut down the work day to day.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.