Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

Weight ranges, can anyone help?

21 replies

Somanybabyseagulls · 10/08/2006 16:31

Need to know what the weight range is for someone who is 5'4" as I would like to know the top weight for my target weight. Of course anything below would be a bonus. TIA.

OP posts:
WigWamBam · 10/08/2006 16:38

Hang on, I had some info about that from the British Heart Foundation this morning, will go and have a look.

WigWamBam · 10/08/2006 16:40

OK, according to the info the BHF sent me, the OK range for 5'4" is between 8 and 10 stone.

TambaTheDragonSlayer · 10/08/2006 16:41

Ooooh WWB. do you know what it is for 5'6?

WigWamBam · 10/08/2006 16:44

9 stone to just over 11 stone - it's on a graph so exact poundage isn't obvious but looks like about 11 stone 3lb.

WigWamBam · 10/08/2006 16:47

I do apologise, SMBS - yours is actually 8st 7lb - 10st 7lb (and my eyes need testing! Sorry.

TambaTheDragonSlayer · 10/08/2006 16:50

Thanks

I was worried it would be something ridiculas like 8st or something. Dont know where this weight hang-up thing ive got has gone from - i never used to be bothered. I think its cause its summer and theres half naked people everywhere. Makes you look at yourself more critically. Never mind though, its working whatever it is. Only a stone left to go.....(Want to hit 9st)

WigWamBam · 10/08/2006 16:53

Tamba, just don't go too mad. I have to say you look great just as you are. 9 stone is the absolute lowest to still be within the Healthy range.

Try not to get too hung up on it, hey.

TambaTheDragonSlayer · 10/08/2006 16:56

Thanks

Am not on a strict diet, just cut out most of the crap. Apart from the last week - ive eaten my weight in chocolate!! Think that was due to hormones though. So I am allowed

Although bizarrly a friend bought me a box of chocs from belgium cause I needed chocolate and they tasted yuk!! I like the cheap cadburys stuff me lol

WigWamBam · 10/08/2006 17:45

Ohhh, Cadbury's beats Belgian chocolate hands down ... and if you're hormonal then chocolate is not only allowed, it's compulsory medication!

suejonez · 10/08/2006 17:55

Tamba - if 9 stone is right at the bottom of your weight range then you would need to be very small framed to be healthy at that weight. Normal framed people would be around the 10 stone mark and bigger framed people at the top end.

Only you know if 9 stone is right for you but you may find it is too thin.

And agree that Cadburys is proper choclate not like that poncy foreign stuff (though prefer galaxy myself)

Why are you worried about your weight, you seemed pretty normal to me from your photo the other night?

WigWamBam · 10/08/2006 18:03

She is normal (apart from the ... mmmm, perhaps I'd better not go there ). And she also has a lovely figure - as I said, she really does look great as she is.

I bet you don't need me to tell you whereabouts we come on that chart, sue

TambaTheDragonSlayer · 10/08/2006 19:45

Am 10 stone currently, But still need to lose quite a few pounds!

I think its toning up more than anything I need to do. Oh and if anyone knows a cure for slightly saggy boobs that would be fab

suejonez · 10/08/2006 22:06

I was carefully avoiding asking where we were - I AM big-boned dontcha know

justamum · 10/08/2006 22:53

just wanted to say totally agree on chocolate issue, my dh says go buy bar of posh choc & have one square , i say, don't want one square of posh choc, want whole bar of dairy milk (big) also I am perfect weight for the height of dh!

Somanybabyseagulls · 11/08/2006 02:59

Cheers WWB, 10 stone as top weight doesn't seem too unreasonable, really motivated at the moment to shift the lard.

OP posts:
whoopsfallenoveragain · 11/08/2006 06:24

So manybabyseagulls - I am the same height as you! and trying to shed a load of pounds! do you want a virtual weight loss buddy!!!!

Somanybabyseagulls · 11/08/2006 12:49

That would be great Whoops. Just bagged myself a pair of half price hi tec trainers, so hopefully off for a bit of walking this weekend. Weighed myself this morning (ritual humiliation in Boots) and I'm 11.1. Worked out yesterday that Crimbo is about 21 weeks away, so at a pound a week thats 1.5 stone!!! Sounds quite easy doesn't it!

OP posts:
whoopsfallenoveragain · 11/08/2006 15:22

I don't know if I want to be you buddy now!!!
I have over 3 times that to lose!!! I wish I was your weight!

Somanybabyseagulls · 11/08/2006 15:48

Oh common on Whoops be my chum!!! Should we start a 1lb til Christmas thread then? reckon all of us dieters could use support, what do you think? (love the name btw)

OP posts:
whoopsfallenoveragain · 11/08/2006 16:45

Oh ok then!! but I am going for at least 3lb a week!

Thanks lots of people seem to like it and it does suit me quite well!!

I am going to the gym tomorrow shall we post our starting weights then?

Somanybabyseagulls · 11/08/2006 17:09

Ok Whoops, I'll start a new thread. Seriously though, well done on the gym, Im not quite brave enough yet but thinking it will probably have to be done!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.