Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

Anyone else tried Zumba??

5 replies

AnyoneForPimms · 07/02/2011 13:57

I do 2 classes a week and just love it!! Grin

OP posts:
Lynzilove · 07/02/2011 19:26

I used to do step (i swear step for the insane!!) on a thursday and when the class finished we tried zumba - i hated it, having 'warmed up' i still had my hoody on - bearing in mind my other classes (i'm (was) a kickboxer) i am dying after the warm up!! i hated every minute of zumba - boring, felt like a tit and didnt feel a thing!! i like to FEEL my work outs!

i can see how people that aren't into into exercise can love it though as its very easy to pick up etc.

i've heard loads of people love it - but thats my opinion!!

crikeybadger · 07/02/2011 19:32

I did my first class last week .

I found it a lot of fun (especially as I didn't have a cluse what I was doing!) and came out feeling like I'd done something physical without feeling completely knackered.

I'm going again next week Smile

burnsie · 07/02/2011 19:45

Oh I love Zumba,
It is an absolute hoot!
We have a really diverse group of people from the super fit nods to the old decrepit heffalumps like me.
I spend most of my time trying to untangle my legs and my arms go in a completely different direction to what they ought but I feel fab afterwards.

LittlePushka · 07/02/2011 20:01

What is it??

BlueberryPancake · 08/02/2011 11:28

Zumba is a dance-exercise class using mostly latin american music and also some other rythms. Each song has its own 'routine' so it's easy to pick up the moves. I did it for the first time last week and I found it good mostly for my bottom and middle bits - if you want to you can add lots of squats. To get the benefits I think you really have to 'get into it' as it can be easy. But if you like salsa/latin american music it's great fun.

I do agree that it's not super-hard (I do ballet classes every week grade 6 and that's hard).

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.