Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

which diet? need guidance

20 replies

enimod · 01/01/2011 11:28

i am 34,5ft4and just under 14 stone- i am on antidepressants and as always they make me balloon. i have a 13 month old who is still breastfed.
i am looking for an easy to follow diet-have done slimming world in the pastbut i think that made me eat and crave more pasta. i did lose two stone though but cant really afford to go to the clubs.
i dont over eat- i just eat what is going- mainly the kids leftovers and rejected food-love sweet foods and cereal.
which diet would anyone suggest?
i want results and i want the results to spur me on.i dont watn to starve or have to make separate totally differetn meals.
i must lose this weight
someone guide me-please

OP posts:
sarah293 · 01/01/2011 11:29

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

Deafworm · 01/01/2011 11:34

have a look at this book, im a bit hit and miss but when i follow the rules in it properly i see significant weight loss, no forbidden foods, no points,weighing,syning and it really taps into the issues around food that a lot of us have. for the price being around the cost of 1 week at a group i figured it had to be worth a go and am restarting today at really following it, have started a thread if you fancy joining me here im a little evangelical about it sorry but after years of ww, sw etc etc this is a breath of fresh air, backed up with science and psychology and makes a lot of sense to me! oh and i didnt think (nor did my dh who is slim) that i overeat before i started this but it is very clear to me now that i did

however you decide to go good luck

enimod · 01/01/2011 11:45

i liked slimming world but i just lived off batchelors pastas- i also am unable to stay for meetings etc and know deep down that it isnt right for me- last time i ended up cheating adn really not eating for two days prior to each weigh in. i am about to look at your like deafworm-here goes.

OP posts:
Deafworm · 01/01/2011 11:49

ive been similar on sw enimod, lived on green days and just ate more and more pasta! i lost a stone and swapped over to paul mckenna and despite not really paying much attention to it most of the time (like anything else it takes effort) i havent regained the weight i lost and when i did pay attention i lost another half stone in the first fortnight, i think even if noone else joins me i will weigh in on that thread fortnightly then its public!

sarah293 · 01/01/2011 12:05

Message withdrawn

enimod · 01/01/2011 12:09

me too Riven. However ive just searched paul mckenna on here and loads of people seem to do well- my problam is my relationship with food and not drinking enough. i think i;ll try it- now need to find the cheapest place for the cd etc.

OP posts:
Deafworm · 01/01/2011 12:13

that my struggling point riven but the whole point (and if you follow the rule of eating slowly it works) is that when you are filling up food tastes less and less appealing the problem is we all (or i do) eat too fast so our bodies miss the queue tthat says we are full, next time you are eating pay attention and see if you sigh, a lot of people have noted that if they stop then they realise a little later that that was their full point, even when im not paying attention i just cant east as much as i used to and last night after hitting full had no problems ignoring the buffet table laid out with all my favourite rubbishy foods!

sorry enimod im thread hijacking and i dont mean too its just after 6 years of slimming clubs im realising how much time and effort i wasted on them given that in that period i gained over 4 stone! i did warn you i was a little evangelical :D seriously good luck however you go and you too riven if youre losing weight (im assuming!)

Deafworm · 01/01/2011 12:16

i bought the book in a discount book store for less than £5, if youre going to get it definitely get the blue book not the white one, the blue one includes the 90 day diary and is much easier to read.

we are finishing off last nights buffet for lunch, and im ignoring half a slice of christmas cake and a handful of tortillas that i put on my plate but am full and am not tempted to pick, the cd does help with the willpower side of things

CybilScissorhands · 01/01/2011 12:17

How about just not buying sweet stuff?

How about eating 3 sensible sized meals a day (perhaps off a smaller plate) and only drinking water inbetween

there are NO magic answers, YOU have got to get your head round it and stop putting the bad food into your mouth

If you could do it for one week, your habits would have changed dramatically

CybilScissorhands · 01/01/2011 12:18

say to yourself before you eat anything 'is this really going to make me happy? Will it benefit my body ?Would I eat this if I was in public?'

enimod · 01/01/2011 12:24

too right cybilscissrhads- ths is wt i must do

OP posts:
CybilScissorhands · 01/01/2011 12:25

so rather than concentrating on what you CAN'T have ,think about being KIND to your body

CybilScissorhands · 01/01/2011 12:25

Sounds daft but if you eat/think like a slim person, you can become a slim person

higgle · 01/01/2011 12:30

I'm afraid we can debate it all we like but at the end of the day it is down to discipline, eating less/better food and doing more exercise. I finally faced up to that last year and lost 3 stone

enimod · 01/01/2011 12:42

ok- here goes..i eat rubbish, i dont think about what i eat..i dont drink enough.. i am lazy and need to exercise more.. i am not a rubbish bin..i dam not kind to me....i try and cheat....i will lose this weight!

OP posts:
Deafworm · 01/01/2011 12:48

'Sounds daft but if you eat/think like a slim person, you can become a slim person'

cybil that is pretty much the basis of the paul mckenna but it puts it into terms i can work with and looks at the psychology and science behind it too.

enimod you will do it, whatever route you choose, you have seen my plan on the other thread, i will be 6 stone lighter this time next year it just needs discipline, as well as working out how you will lose the weight have you thought about exercise? im currently doing the just sweat bit on just dance 2, its enough to get me sweating and from tomorrow will be combining it with the couch 2 5k programm so i can run race for life later in the year, 30 day shred is very good and i will be doing that later in the year but at the moment i hate doing it in front of dh and not sure i could manage that and running!

CybilScissorhands · 01/01/2011 15:36

I think the only ones who really benefit from hynosis/slimming clubs/exercise DVD's etc in the long run are the peopple that make them

sarah293 · 02/01/2011 19:48

Message withdrawn

Deafworm · 02/01/2011 20:35

Grin my dh is the same rivem but he doesnt overeat he stops when he is full and its the key, just bloody hard to get going with in my experience! i dont have the willpower that some seem to so im doing it the best way ive found and happy to make paul mckenna £5 richer if it works for me

sarah293 · 03/01/2011 10:42

Message withdrawn

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.