Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

Help! I'm outting it all back on again!

3 replies

Megatron · 13/08/2010 16:12

I lost three stone last year, basically through not eating between meals, lots of water, bit more excercise and the MAIN thing - not sitting and stuffing my face at night. I was really pleased and felt much better but recently I've started to pile it back on again and have gained almost a stone in the last 5 months. I know how, I'm picking again, getting into my old habits at night etc but I can't seem to stop myself and I'm so bloody cross with myself! I lost my mum a few months ago and I know that hasn't helped but I just can't seem to get back into the way of things again. I didn't 'diet' as such, just cut out the snacking etc. Has anyone else done this and please can you offer any advice? Thanks Smile

OP posts:
LC200 · 13/08/2010 19:10

Firstly well done on your weight loss, you have done brilliantly. Just want to say too that I lost my Mum aswell, it's such a hard time. Be very gentle with yourself.

For me getting out for some exercise in the fresh air in the evening helps with the nibbles and with the sad feelings. They say being outside in a green space can be as good for you as drugs in terms of making you feel better about things. Also quick walking is an appetite supressant. If you can't get out in the evening, could you get out for a walk with the dcs in the afternoon?

nikki1978 · 13/08/2010 19:14

Yes I lost 4 and a half stone two years ago and have since gained back two of those. I lost it sensibly with a good diet and lots of exercise but then I thought I could get away with eating more and more and the weight started going back on. My best advice is to go back to eating the way you did when you were losing and do as much exercise as you can. I am low carbing at the moment to get back down and am really enjoying it. The exercise is harder as I am lazy!

Try and distract yourself in the evenings. Since I lost all that weight I have not started evening binging again which is great I have just been eating too much of the wrong thing at meal times.

I would say take action now as you will regret it if you put on more - just like I do. I knew when I got to 10st7 that I should go back on the diet but I kept thinking oh I'll start next week and 7 months later here I am at 11st 7 and have to do the whole bloody thing over again! 1 stone can be lost easily over 3 months and then you need to find out what you can eat to maintain that weight and stick to it as much as possible.

Good luck!

Megatron · 14/08/2010 12:35

You're both right and I KNOW I need to get my head back in the right place. I'm at 10st 7 again now and I'm really annoyed with myself. I totally relate to the 'thought I can get away with eating more' thing, that's exactly what I did. I can actually get out in the evenings and live in the countryside, so no excuses! Thank you both for the advice.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.