Please help me decide asap. My DS's passport is due to expire at the end of March 27, he also holds an EU passport which is valid for longer.
We have 3 EU trips before the end of the year and I am trying to decide if I have a gap to renew his passport this year. We are travelling during October half term and his UK passport will be ok. He also has a school trip in Decemeber and on his day back, his UK passport will still be valid. However we also have a family trip over Christmas and his UK passport will be valid for less than 3 months on the day of return. I am not worried as much about that as he can enter EU on his EU passport.
So the question is - Do I risk and send his UK passport for renewal now and hope it would get back in the next 3 weeks or wait till January 27? My worry is that if I send his passport off now, I will be left with no UK passport to enter UK on our way back in October. I know the half term is 4 weeks away but I did have issues with renewal ones when it took 7 weeks and I got the passport back 2 days before travel, so I am a bit scarred by that.
Is there any other option I am not aware of?