Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

The toy your 3/4 yr old LOVES the most is....

snowydrops · 24/02/2015 11:23

I want to buy DD a nice toy as a 'present' from her new sibling arriving in three weeks. She has loads of stuff already (of course) including a lot of Arts & Crafts, a wooden train track and games like Guess who, Marble run etc all of which she loves. Dressing up stuff inc Frozen is also a hot favourite but I am looking for ideally something she will Love and play with for hours on end ;-) her current obsessions are:

Singing / dancing / music
Horses (has a couple of my little pony figures but nothing else)
Trains
The ipad !!!

What have Mumsnetter's found to be a brilliant toy for a 3/4yr old (doesn't have to be a big thing necessarily). Also doesn't have to be a typically 'girly' toy as I tend to shy away from that sort of stuff. She has a good attention span and is good with small things / detail so could be something aimed at a slightly older child.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Thesimplethings · 24/02/2015 11:32

My dc are 4 and 3, they love playing with their lego duplo. They each have a favorite cuddly toy they take to bed with them. Next favorite toys are bikes, scooters etc. Also spend a lot of time in the garden with tractors diggers etc.

Please
or

snowydrops · 24/02/2015 11:37

Lego duplo is a definite possibility as she doesn't have any of that. I was quite keen to buy her something for the garden but DH says better to wait until summer because I won't be up to going out there for a bit with her after DC2 arrives as our garden is down some steps. He probably has a point so probably has to be something for indoor use for the first few weeks.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Thesimplethings · 24/02/2015 12:37

Does she have a garage? If she enjoys playing with train tracks she may like a garage, one of those road rugs and a few cars?

Please
or

elvisola · 24/02/2015 12:46

My just 4 year old loves the Playmobil swimming pool. Fill it with a bit of water, stick it on a big towel and she's happy for hours.

Also the Sylvanian Family fish and chip can is a big hit.

Please
or

CowardlyDog · 24/02/2015 12:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

GlitzAndGigglesx · 24/02/2015 12:49

My nearly 4yo got a learning pad from my gps for Xmas and absolutely loves it. It's a Chad Valley junior touch pad and was told they got it cheap in the Argos sale. It's handy for long journeys too

Please
or

Gingerbics · 24/02/2015 12:52

Galt marble run is brilliant but get the mega one as more cool pieces.

Please
or

jerryfudd · 24/02/2015 12:56

What about taking her to build a bear workshop (or get it yourself) and getting a few outfits so she can care for it like you do her new sibling? it can be a keepsake too

Please
or

DeathMetalMum · 25/02/2015 10:28

Just four year old - hits from her birthday are my little pony equestria girls (barbie type doll) and a playmobil set that has a little lock on the front.

I'd go with duplo though, dd plays for hours at gp's with it and it's something her younger sister has been able to join in with from early on.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.