Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Body protector over or under jacket for shows?

seeker · 22/04/2010 09:32

Which do you - or your children do?

Thank you!

OP's posts:
Please
or

horseymum · 22/04/2010 15:28

hi - body protector needs to go as close to skin as possible ie over a very thin top only if possible. Need to allow for it fitting under show jacket.

Please
or

seeker · 22/04/2010 17:40

That's what I thought. Now to onvince dd - who is pining for glamorous, slim fitting jackets.....!

OP's posts:
Please
or

jurisfictionoperative · 24/04/2010 21:40

Have you seen the new body protectors, which inflate before you hit the ground? They are really clever, all the showjumpers are using them, and they are designed to go over the top. They are expensive, but do come in kids sizes and are far less bulky than normal.

Please
or

seeker · 24/04/2010 23:47

I've seen them - they are brilliant, but they cost more than the pony did!

OP's posts:
Please
or

jurisfictionoperative · 25/04/2010 08:08

I know what you mean, all three of mine cost me a total of six hundred quid! I suppose it is only a matter o time before they appear in eBay though! I just bought my daughter a second hand rodney Powell bp from the local tack shop. Looks really nice and solid but is HUGE! I don't bother with one for shows, just when she is jumping.

Please
or

seeker · 25/04/2010 11:29

Dd wears hers in lessons (the teacher insists) and when showjumping. Those 1ft6 jumps can be pretty dangerous, you know!

OP's posts:
Please
or

jurisfictionoperative · 25/04/2010 18:47

1ft6!!!!!!! That's like more than a foot!!!! I thought I was doing well, coming second in the six inch jumping!

Please
or

seeker · 25/04/2010 23:52

I shut my eyes when she goes over anything ore than 6 inches. She's entered the 2ft6 class at the next show - I'll be a nervous wreck!

OP's posts:
Please
or

jurisfictionoperative · 26/04/2010 08:57

Lol! U know what you mean! I think dd could probably manage 2'6, not sure the Shetland could. Keeps me happy knowing dear old duck can't manage more than 18 inches!
Mind you falling off a 13 gander at walk and breaking my arm so badly I couldn't work for 6 months might have something to do with MY nerves! [shamefacedsmiley]

Please
or

Butkin · 29/04/2010 10:26

DD doesn't wear her BP for lead rein showing. For jumping, pony club and out hacking she wears it over her jacket. Never seen anyone wearing their BP under their jacket (as opposed to puffa coat of course).

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.