Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Has anyone else spent the ENTIRE day at a show?

seeker · 02/08/2009 20:11

And is now exhausted,filthy, starving, desperate for drink and sunburnt?

OP's posts:
Please
or

MitchyInge · 03/08/2009 10:25

not us! how did you get on?

Please
or

frostyfingers · 03/08/2009 12:11

Never mind the exhausted, filthy, starving, desperate for drink - where the hell did you manage to get sunburn? (not where on your body btw, where in the country...!?)

Please
or

MrsBadger · 03/08/2009 12:19

yes, but we were only watching, so were able to stop for burgers / icecream / morris men etc

dd was enraptured by the side saddle period-costume class [sigh]

Please
or

MitchyInge · 03/08/2009 14:07

it's been quite sunburny in my bit of East Anglia, not that have ever had sunburn personally

Please
or

Pixel · 03/08/2009 21:39

I was meant to be going to a show in a groom/ponysitter capacity, but in the end my services weren't required so I couldn't justify leaving dh with the dcs all day. Not when I left him to it last week while I swanned of to Hickstead .

Please
or

seeker · 03/08/2009 23:16

very sunburny it was in Kent - and a show with no beer tent - dp decidedly unimpressed!

Dd got through to the jump off in her class, but doesn't know how to bat round against the clock so got another clear but too slow for a place. She doesn't care though - she is still on cloud nine at getting two clears in her first proper show!

OP's posts:
Please
or

MitchyInge · 04/08/2009 08:50

oh well done her, sounds like it was all worth it!

Please
or

seeker · 04/08/2009 22:12

She is now talking about writing to the organizers of the next show asking for a "Horse and Rider with Most Similar Hair Colour" class! A glance at my profile will tell you why!

OP's posts:
Please
or

MitchyInge · 05/08/2009 10:46

oh that's such a good idea!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.