My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss horse riding and ownership on our Horse forum.

The tack room

Warm short jacket for riding

5 replies

DiDonk · 12/11/2023 18:28

I usually wear an old short corduroy jacket when riding but since it's becoming colder (lesson at 9 on Saturday!) I've been casting round for something warmer.

I don't really fancy anything from the equestrian catalogues but do want something warm, comfortable and horse proof. Anyone got any favourites or tips please?

OP posts:
Lastqueenofscotland2 · 13/11/2023 15:16

I have a very old shires blouson, (I think I’ve had it for nigh on 15 years…) very warm, incredibly dry, not particularly flattering but I don’t really care.

Its lasted remarkably well, especially considering the use it’s had, I’ve never reproofed it… stitching and zip all still perfect

https://equineessentialsdirect.co.uk/shires-aubrion-team-blouson/?setCurrencyId=1&sku=9861NAVYM&gadsource=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAr8eqBhD3ARIsAIe-buNTKUoeHEEecRfC07kImyZbuDOMU7y_gMBNSvuudMQa9jyviovutp8aAmR0EALw_wcB

I think this would be the modern equivalent!

Secondaryschoolstress · 13/11/2023 15:19

I have loads of equestrian jackets. But lately have taken to wearing an oldish fitted puffa jacket from Zara. Nice big pockets for keys and phone. It’s fairly fitted so hit viz goes over the top. Instructors can see the outline of my position if needed. And I can add warm base layers underneith.

Secondaryschoolstress · 13/11/2023 15:21

I also have the mark Todd version of the short shires coat above and it’s lasted ten years plus. Been washed tens of times and still waterproof. Really comfortable. The Ariat version is good too, but pricey.

DiDonk · 13/11/2023 18:34

Lovely thanks, might have to leave a link to ariat lying around for Christmas!

OP posts:
horseymum · 15/11/2023 13:59

I have an ancient Brontë blouson, still wear it frequently, daughter has my nice ariat one which I can no longer fit. The ariat is nice but comes up small in sizing!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.