Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Full day hacks with a pub or cafe stop

Hereforthedramaz · 26/06/2022 17:56

Hi, I'm getting back into casual riding after a long break ( since I was a teenager).

I'd like to book in some full day hacks, the type with a stop at the pub or cafe etc or even picnic. Accompanied.

I'm in Oxfordshire but can travel a bit.

Has anyone been on any they would recommend?

OP's posts:
Please
or

coffeecupsandfairylights · 28/06/2022 10:28

Murthwaite Green in Cumbria do these - you can do half-day, full-day or 2-3 day rides. All accompanied and with picnics or food stops!

Might be a bit for you to travel but I'd highly recommend them. I take lessons there and have done a few beach rides and can't fault them for a second.

Please
or

Hereforthedramaz · 28/06/2022 10:49

coffeecupsandfairylights · 28/06/2022 10:28

Murthwaite Green in Cumbria do these - you can do half-day, full-day or 2-3 day rides. All accompanied and with picnics or food stops!

Might be a bit for you to travel but I'd highly recommend them. I take lessons there and have done a few beach rides and can't fault them for a second.

Thank you for the recommendation. Coincidently I am also looking for a riding mini break so while it might be too long for a day back it sounds pretty ideal for a mini holiday!

(And more reasonably priced than some down south!)
Thank you

OP's posts:
Please
or

coffeecupsandfairylights · 28/06/2022 10:59

No problem! Cath and Emma are lovely and the horses are fab too - really friendly and obedient.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.