My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss horse riding and ownership on our Horse forum.

The tack room

Who for horse box insurance?!

9 replies

Blinkingbatshit · 17/03/2022 14:05

Hi all, just bought first horse box - who do you use for insurance? Thanks for any advice!

OP posts:
HappyGirlNow · 20/03/2022 13:56

Hi, I use SEIB. They weren’t the cheapest quote initially but price matched (actually beat the price) of my best one. Initially had it with two named drivers, then tried to add a third but can’t have three named drivers could only change it to any over 25s. I was shocked to be told this was only about £30 more annually, I’d have had this cover from the start if I’d known how cheap it was.

For our fully comprehensive horsebox cover, including RAC and horse recovery, for `2 year old horse is valued at £40k, it’s just over £500.

HappyGirlNow · 20/03/2022 13:56
BaldricksWife · 22/03/2022 02:09

Coast Insurance in Kent. Really competitive quotes and great service.

Biddie191 · 07/04/2022 14:00

Late to the party here, but I've found A Plan (in Aylesbury) brilliant, and Anthony Evans. Very helpful, good rates. I would also very strongly advise breakdown cover with them - mine is about £126 a year, I've only used it once, when the lorry broke down at 10pm at a show, but the cost of not having it, and having the box recovered, and the horse and myself and daughter recovered and taken home, would have been over £2K. When we previously broke down 100 miles from home with a new pony in the back, it was going to cost over £4k to get someone out, and mend or recover the lorry, plus extra to get the pony home. We were really fortunate that a trucker came over, had a look and advised us it was safe to nurse home slowly, stopping every 30 mins (overheating problems), and just to stick to 'slow' roads so if we needed to stop, we could. A really scary situation, so best avoided x

orchidgrewlegs · 07/04/2022 19:44

Get a quote from NFU Bakewell franchise. I have found them very good.

LaMariposa · 07/04/2022 19:48

NFU mutual. Service is amazing, they really care about their customers.

LaPufalina · 15/04/2022 00:31

Anthony evans here too, excellent value and prompt service when I needed them (left the side ramp down and drove off Blush)

WouldBeGood · 15/04/2022 00:41

NFU.

puddlesofmothers · 28/04/2022 15:11

Anthony Evans have just renewed my insurance. No increase and it's cost £315
Plus £145 for breakdown for the year.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.