My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss horse riding and ownership on our Horse forum.

The tack room

Decathlon back protector for DD8

3 replies

TwelveLeggedWalk · 10/08/2020 09:37

DD8 has suddenly cracked canter (after being VERY nervous) and is making great strides. Once she starts cantering out on hacks or jumping I assume it would be good to have her in a back protector. I've never worn one (only top eventers wore them in my day! Old emoticon..) and not sure what to look for - have heard good things about Decathlon.
Any recommendations for a slightly built girl who'll only be riding 1/2 times per week?

OP posts:
countrygirl99 · 10/08/2020 10:42

No idea what they are like but check which standards they comply to. I believe the purple 2009 label will be out of standard for competition, so usually RS as well next year.

TwelveLeggedWalk · 11/08/2020 11:27

Thank you - competition isn't on our radar for a good while yet, i'm more looking for recommendations of good comfy protectors which would do the job, be not too restrictive, and ideally not cost the earth!

OP posts:
Sticki · 11/08/2020 20:03

Hi there
We have found the decathlon body protectors very good. The ones we have now have the purple label of safety - they weren't approved when we bought ours. They have zips on the front which help getting them to fit properly and make getting into them easier. My children have had many unscheduled exits but (touch wood) just dented pride.

Good luck!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.