My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss horse riding and ownership on our Horse forum.

The tack room

Dd’s horse is an angel!

11 replies

Pleasedontdothat · 25/07/2019 21:05

We bought dd’s horse last October after she’d had him on loan for a couple of months. I was wobbling about whether or not it was the right decision as he was greener than I’d planned on getting as he’d be her first horse. There’ve been a couple of schooling issues (skinnies/indoor arenas etc) mainly down to him not having had much exposure to stuff in the last few years but we’re working on these and he’s come along so far in the last few months. What tipped the balance was the bond he and dd were starting to develop - he’s an absolute sweetheart with perfect manners on the ground.

And today he proved he’s worth his weight in gold! Just as dd went to bring him in, a huge bolt of lightning struck the electricity pylon in the corner of the field - all the other horses started charging about in terror, but lovely dhorse calmly carried on walking up to dd with his ears pricked forwards, waited for her to put his head collar on and quietly walked with her to the yard. I’m so glad we made the decision to take him on permanently Smile

OP posts:
sanityisamyth · 25/07/2019 21:14

What a superstar!!

Brenna24 · 25/07/2019 21:19

Well done to both that lovely horse and your dad for the time that she has put in to him to build that bond.

NavyBerry · 25/07/2019 21:30

Could we see a picture? Smile

Pleasedontdothat · 25/07/2019 21:49

Angelic horse!

Dd’s horse is an angel!
OP posts:
MrsMozartMkII · 25/07/2019 21:50

A grand lad!

Pringlemunchers · 25/07/2019 21:52

What a beauty !

moobar · 25/07/2019 21:52

That's lovely. What a star.

chickenfeathers · 25/07/2019 23:10

He looks a lovely sort and very laid back - your dd is very lucky!
I remember years ago we had a massive thunderstorm. All the horses were cowering under the hedge trying to shelter. My boy was slap bang in the middle of the field stuffing his face without a care in he world! Grin

lastqueenofscotland · 25/07/2019 23:18

What a lovely lad. I had an ex racehorse once who everyone described as bomb proof. I suspect he was actually just to thick to realise he should be scared of things

krustykittens · 26/07/2019 14:14

LastQueen we have a TB like that! Congrats on such a laid back pony, OP, they are worth their weight in gold!

Pleasedontdothat · 03/08/2019 09:36

They’ve just got back from Pony Club camp clutching the cup for PC schoolmaster at camp! This time last year, the only thing he knew how to do was canter round and around the arena in ever-faster circles!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.