Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

How long between collecting poo and posting

Faez · 27/04/2018 17:27

Hello knowledgeable people. An elderly horse has been abandoned at our yard and is showing signs of worms. I brought her in for a bath on Saturday and collected a poo sample. Immediately put it in the fridge and forgot about it. Can I still send it? it's going to be quite a bit of hassle getting another as she's not keen on being caught. Surely the eggs aren't going to disappear?

OP's posts:
Please
or

atthecopacopacabana · 27/04/2018 18:09

No, I would get a fresh sample. However if you're sending to Westgate they have a phone no on their website and have been helpful in the past when I've had queries. Would be annoying to get a false result so worth checking.

Please
or

Faez · 28/04/2018 17:07

Yes I think you're right, better to field watch for a poo than wonder if it's a false result. Thank you

OP's posts:
Please
or

Butkin1 · 30/04/2018 14:52

When we take parcels to the post office they always say "for security reasons what's in it". How will you actually respond?!

Please
or

DiplomaticDecorum · 30/04/2018 17:17

Oh fab, I'll be doing this soon, am really looking forward to seeing the local ladies in the branch that have made me unwrap 2 birthday parcels in the past. I'll just look them straight in the eye and say 'fresh horseshit, would you like to check? and unwrap it and pop it on their counter before they can decline. Brilliant!

Please
or

atthecopacopacabana · 30/04/2018 19:05

No need to take it to a post office. West gate provide a little pot and envelope with a pre paid liable. Just pop it in the post box. Job done. Smile

Please
or

atthecopacopacabana · 30/04/2018 19:05

Label

Please
or

DiplomaticDecorum · 30/04/2018 22:48

Oh I am definitely going to the post office, will take three samples, two to post and one to leave on the counter.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.