Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Anyone in Devon and about 50 or older with a good memory?

mckenzie · 12/06/2017 21:25

When I was young I learnt to ride with a wonderful lady called Wendy Hodges who retired and took all her horses and ponies with her to Devon. That would have been in about 1980/1982.
I went to stay with her during the summer holidays and she taught me side saddle (on a grey mare I seem to recall) and I had such a great time. She had a Shetland called Pickles and a bay pony about 13hh called Rufus who was my favouriteSmile.
I'd love to know what happened to her and the horses; I lost touch many many years ago.
Does anybody remember her? She always wore a head scarf, bright lipstick and usually a long riding mac.
I think she took a lady called Helen Sida with her originally but that might have only been for a short time.

TIA

OP's posts:
Please
or

mckenzie · 13/06/2017 21:14

Bump

OP's posts:
Please
or

GuinefortGrey · 18/06/2017 20:22

Have you tried posting on the Horse & Hound forum? You might reach a wider audience there... I hope someone can help you and I'd love to know if you find out any news of her, she sounds a wonderful character!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.