Mumsnet Logo
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

The tack room

Hatcam recommendations please

7 replies

Fireinthegrate · 24/04/2017 17:58

Also, how do they work? Do you record every outing and then download the footage if its one you want to save?

OP posts:
Please
or

Butkin1 · 25/04/2017 12:35

Would love to try one but they are banned in most activities we do so not worth it at the moment.

Please
or

Fireinthegrate · 25/04/2017 17:55

I am just hacking out, but thought it might be useful if there is an incident to have some evidence.

Anyone?

OP posts:
Please
or

Polkadotties · 25/04/2017 20:36

I've got a go pro hero session, it's really good. I attach it to the front of my hat while I ride

Please
or

Butkin1 · 26/04/2017 10:16

Banned by Pony Clubs, British Show Jumping and British Eventing. Obviously couldn't wear in showing anyway. However they are allowed in Ireland..

Please
or

Fireinthegrate · 26/04/2017 18:33

Butkin. I have already said I am just hacking, so the fact they're banned by PC, BE, etc, doesn't affect me.

OP posts:
Please
or

Butkin1 · 27/04/2017 10:43

Yes sorry and totally understood for you - hopefully you'll have get some great footage. They work brilliantly in horse racing where jockey cams have become well utilised in major races and have proven popular with other more extreme sports like skiing and mountain biking.

I was just mentioning it on this hatcam thread in case other people were wondering about their status.

Please
or

Blodplod · 07/05/2017 14:52

I bought myself a Go Pro 4 Hero with a helmet mount. Sadly I only used it 3 times (I'm just about to sell it on eBay Grin) as my mare sadly got ill and I retired her. I bought a helmet mount which can stay attached to the helmet and you can just pop the actual camera in and out as you need it. I found out you need to buy an extra lead to view through the TV and yes, you can save the files you wish to keep and delete any others. I think it's a great idea if you are riding on roads - the ability to be able to provide evidence should you ever need to is comforting. I would say look on eBay for a second hand one (I promise I'm not trying to sell you mine!!). My husband bought me mine brand new as a gift and it was over £400 and recently when looking on eBay to see how much I could sell mine for there were loads for sale for 1/2 the price.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?