My feed

to access all these features

Discuss horse riding and ownership on our Horse forum.

The tack room

Feeding bowls

6 replies

CondensedMilkSarnies · 18/02/2017 21:30

Has anyone found a good way of marking / naming feeding bowls ?

We have 40 bowls and have tried painting numbers on them but the paint peels off quickly. We've tried plastic cable ties round the handles that have a bit to write on but they're still really hard to see.

Has anyone found a good way of marking rubber feeding bowls ?

OP posts:
Suzietwo · 18/02/2017 21:41

Nail varnishe?

Gabilan · 19/02/2017 11:22

Cow ear tags? More room to write on.

Spray paint and stencils? It might just be a particular type of paint that peels. I used to use small pots of enamel modelling paint but for 40 feed bowls that might cost a bit.

CondensedMilkSarnies · 19/02/2017 11:29

We've tried all sorts of paint but eventually they all peel off . Cow ear tags sound good ! I'll have a Google .

OP posts:
DraughtyWindow · 27/02/2017 10:33

Friend has just ordered some of those wristband labels - the self-adhesive tape things that you can't pull apart. About £2.75 for 100.

Garnethair · 27/02/2017 20:46

Good suggestion about the wristband things. They use them at the horsepital on feed bowls.

CondensedMilkSarnies · 08/03/2017 20:32

I ended up ordering hospital wristbands so we'll see how we get on with them.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.