My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss horse riding and ownership on our Horse forum.

The tack room

riding stables accessible from SE London

3 replies

minimisa · 11/01/2016 12:28

Does anyone know of any with decent hacking and some lessons for small children? I'd love to take one of my sons and have the opportunity to hack myself. I used to go to one in Blackdown Hill near Midhurst but it closed down so I'd love a recommendation. Thanks!

OP posts:
noramum · 11/01/2016 15:25

DD (8.5) goes to Mount Mascal in Bexley. It is quite a large school with lots of instructors.

They are a big Pony Club center and DD currently prepares for her D-Test. they run holiday activities with options to earn badges and do test preparations.

I know they do adult hacks, lots of woods nearby but I haven't been on a horse myself so I don't know how it works.

The office can be a bit unorganised but I found that questions asked by email are answered quickly.

sparechange · 11/01/2016 15:28

There are stables in Dulwich. The lessons are good but hacking is quite limited. They have direct access into Dulwich Park, but that's about it

minimisa · 11/01/2016 19:34

Thanks, I've been to the Dulwich Stables but I'm interested in hacking and the park doesn't quite do it. I'll check out Mount Mascal though, thanks Nora.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.