Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Something clicked for me today!

YeahDamon · 01/02/2015 13:21

I've only been having lessons for a year. Half an hour every Sunday so it is sloooow progress. My teacher is excellent and patient.

And today I had three beautiful controlled canters all the way round the school with all my legs and arms in the right place and with me actually steering (he tried to fall in and I corrected him). It just all felt RIGHT. Such a far cry from my previous messy attempts.

I am buzzing.

I just wanted to share that Grin

OP's posts:
Please
or

pardonmytits · 01/02/2015 15:12

Fine work Yeah :) Isn't it wonderful when you get that feeling.

Please
or

YeahDamon · 01/02/2015 16:31

It was amazing! I have been struggling so much with my seat and my legs and my arms have been all wrong, but I'm trying so hard. Every canter before has felt like a bit of a wild ride, today I felt in control and comfortable and the whole experience was much better.

I tried to explain it to dh but he glazed over...

OP's posts:
Please
or

Latestarter1 · 01/02/2015 20:59

I am almost two years in and STILL trying to find my seat so I totally understand how elated you must feel - well done! Am also totally familiar with the glazing over of your DH's eyes - and those of non horsey friends who just don't get this passion of ours!

Please
or

Latestarter1 · 01/02/2015 21:01

I am almost two years in and STILL trying to find my seat so I totally understand how elated you must feel - well done! Am also totally familiar with the glazing over of your dh's eyes - and those of non horsey friends who just don't get this passion of ours!

Please
or

Ememem84 · 08/02/2015 09:58

Similar thing for me yesterday. Taken off the lead rein. And asked to trot pony round the school turning here and there. Have never had so much control. Not sure how I did it to be honest. But was buzzing by the end of my lesson.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.