Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Best place to look for loans?

VillyCazalet · 12/10/2014 18:35

Someone linked a while ago to a website where there were horses for loan (or free to good home or something). We will soon be looking for a first pony to loan and I wondered if anyone could recomend a good place to look. We're south coast. Tia!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Sparky05 · 12/10/2014 21:34

Horsemart are generally very good for every aspect of buying, preloved may be worth a look, and ponymag.com/ horseandrider.com websites - they share a horse selling page with loads. These are my main three 'places' I use, the pony club classifieds is also good - pcuk.org and horse and hound website! Hope I helped and good luck!!x

Please
or

VillyCazalet · 12/10/2014 21:37

Thank you! I'll enjoy looking Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or

OscarWinningActress · 12/10/2014 22:23

Ooh! How exciting Smile. No practical advice as I don't live in the UK, but have fun pony-shopping!

Please
or

snowpo · 12/10/2014 22:28

In addition to what sparky said - equineadverts, nfed (think its your area), local facebook groups. horses4homes might be the one you mean that does rehoming and loans.

Please
or

VillyCazalet · 12/10/2014 22:43

Ah yes, I think horses4homes was the one. It's REALLY dangerous to look before you're absolutely ready, I keep seeing the perfect one(s)!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Pixel · 12/10/2014 23:46

Friday-ad is worth a look. And Gumtree. I'd never bothered looking on there before but someone recommended I use it to sell my car and so of course I had to have a look at the horses Wink. Was surprised to see several locally including a lovely pony for loan.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.