My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss horse riding and ownership on our Horse forum.

The tack room

Ariat or Dublin ?

10 replies

RosesandRugby · 10/09/2014 22:39

I'm after some 'country boots' for general milling around the yard and doing the school run etc.

Do I go for the Ariat or the Dublin boots? Obviously there's a price difference but is it worth paying the extra for the Ariat's or are the Dublin's just as good for almost half the price ?

OP posts:
Lally112 · 11/09/2014 00:58

go with dubarry galway. expensive but I wear mine about 350 days a year and have done for three years nearly four with the same pair.

WeAreGroot · 11/09/2014 01:05

I've got some Ariat Conistons and they're gorgeous, totally worth the money.

mrslaughan · 11/09/2014 07:15

I wouldn't recommend the dubarry - comfy yes - but mine only lasted a year (well not quite a year actually) before the sprung a leak....and I was really careful with them - have wells for the mud etc.............

Goldenlab · 11/09/2014 08:50

I've worn my Ariats every day for over a year. They are really comfortable and don't make your feet sweat even in summer. I have Ariat Bromonts.

RosesandRugby · 11/09/2014 10:24

I think I'm going to go with the Ariats. Thanks Grin

OP posts:
Goldenlab · 11/09/2014 16:42

The trick of keeping them waterproof is in looking after them. I make sure mine are always waxed and conditioned to keep the leather from cracking.

FlankShaftMcWap · 12/09/2014 19:25

I have the Ariat glacier boots and they are the best boots I have ever worn. The only thing that worries me is the possibility of the laces breaking when I put them on/take them off in a hurry, but they came with spare laces so if it happens I can replace them.

I should really look after them slightly better but the best they usually get is a hose down before I come in Blush

misog2000 · 14/09/2014 19:29

Definitely the Ariats, you will go through two pairs of cheaper boots in the time they will last you. This will be my third winter in my grasmeres and I am shocking at looking after them they just get hose and scrubbed with a bucket brush if they are muddy!

Peanutbutterandnutellanutter · 15/09/2014 16:01

My Ariat Windermere boots let the water in after about a year
I didn't especially look after then though

Peanutbutterandnutellanutter · 15/09/2014 16:02

Them not then

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.