Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Horse Share

SparklyUniMummy · 19/08/2012 13:27

Hi,

I was hoping someone would be able to help. I used to ride a lot, and have done for about 10 years, however gave it up a couple of years ago. Now i have a bit more time/money again I really want to get back into it. I want to get a horse share, but have no idea where to look. I have tried google, but not with much success. If anyone could point me in the right direction that'd be great.

Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

booksinbed · 19/08/2012 14:45

Hi how about looking for ads in local equine sullpies shops as well as local /semi local riding clubs - ive seen ads in all of above locally so i hope that it is fruitfl for you,good luck.

Please
or

booksinbed · 19/08/2012 14:46

Also if you know any one at local stables you could get the word put around as word of mouth also may work.....

Please
or

SparklyUniMummy · 19/08/2012 15:43

Hi,

No unfortunately I don't know anyone at the local stables, we only moved here in the last year. Thanks for the tips though, I'll try and search out my local supply store!

OP's posts:
Please
or

LisaD1 · 19/08/2012 18:17

Have a look in local tack rooms etc and websites like preloved or gumtree. Don't suppose you're in the Surrey area? If so pm me, have a lovely mare for share.

Please
or

booksinbed · 19/08/2012 19:34

as well as stables i meant look up your local riding club- on it there may be a message board - it often has notes re fixtures ,tack for sale ,ponies for sale/loan etc.............horse quest and horse mart may have loans sometimes.also re homing charities ???

Please
or

AllPastYears · 19/08/2012 19:38

I found a horse share on Gumtree.

Please
or

snowpo · 19/08/2012 21:37

equineadverts has quite a lot on, under horses to loan. What part of the country are you in?

Please
or

SparklyUniMummy · 20/08/2012 12:29

Hi,

Equineadverts was the main website I found, unfortunatly theres only 1 suitable advert on there for me. I'll have a try on gumtree and also my local stables/equine shops.

I am in suffolk, sudbury side of Bury St Edmunds.

Thanks for all the help :)

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.