Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

So. The Olympic show jumping team...

SaggyOldClothCatPuss · 30/07/2012 22:22

Are John, Michael and Nick really our best bet?
And is Ellen the weakest link? I've seen her ride a few times, and when she's good, she's good, but when she fluffs it, she really loses the plot!
What do you think?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Butkin · 30/07/2012 23:23

The GB show jumping team is Peter Charles (Murka's Vindicat), Scott Brash (Hello Sanctus), Nick Skelton (Big Star), Ben Maher (Tripple X). Tina Fletcher is the reserve with Hello Sailor.

I'm very hopeful that Big Star will live up to his name and medal.

Please
or

SaggyOldClothCatPuss · 30/07/2012 23:30

Oh that's good!

OP's posts:
Please
or

StrangelyCalm · 30/07/2012 23:35

Thank heavens for a bit of "new" blood.... Hope they can do half as well as the Eventing team so far!

Please
or

SaggyOldClothCatPuss · 31/07/2012 01:05

Yes I agree! There are some very good youngsters! Although im secretly rather glad that Ellen isnt in!

OP's posts:
Please
or

frostyfingers · 31/07/2012 09:05

Looks like a solid team - I hope Big Star can keep up his amazing success. It seems to have been going on all season, so I'm praying he hasn't run out of puff.

Please
or

Eve · 31/07/2012 14:46

Ellen has dropped of the radar a bit recently hasn't she.

After really seen her mentioned after success at Olympia last year, thought I noticed in a H&H photo advert for some bedding or other she was brunette and no engagement ring on?

Please
or

frostyfingers · 01/08/2012 09:05

Somewhere along the line there has been a big falling out, apparently both at home and professionally. I know she had a disagreement with Rob Hoekstra about where and when she jumped her horses and she was taken off the GB team lists and it all seems to have gone wrong for her since then. It' hardly surprising though - all that pressure and success from such a young age, and not much chance to do your own thing. Perhaps now she's testing her independence - I hope it goes well for her, because she is so talented, and we will need her in Team GB one day.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.