Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Applying for full-time job but wanting part-time...

SummerDays95 · 13/06/2022 20:50

So I have another thread but hoping for some quick answers here on a more specific question as I'm struggling!

I've emailed to ask if I can do this and they said they would consider it for the right person. The application form asks me to write a two page statement, not a covering letter saying why I'm good for the job. There is no other space in the form to write that I want part-time. How do I word this without sounding clunky?

I've also just read a TES article that says to not mention it at all until I have the job, is that something I should do? That feels a bit dishonest, so I'm not sure! Someone help!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Kitkatcrunchie · 14/06/2022 21:11

When I've written job statements I've had a paragraph at the end as to why specifically I would be good for that job at that particular school. When a job has said full or part time I have said what I would prefer in there too. Hopefully that makes sense.
I think it's good to mention that you want part time, in my opinion, as if they would consider it for the right person then they'd need to consider how the role would be completely covered and how it would work practically for them.
Good luck

Please
or

StEvenEdge · 16/06/2022 20:25

I went for an interview yesterday (haven't heard back yet). Ideally I want part time but would take full time if offered. I told the head this during interview and she was very open to the idea of part time. She could get me on 60% and said she could get another on 60% too so be slightly overstaffed but have more flexibility in the department. I'm hoping this is why I haven't heard back yet.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.