Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What time do you arrive for inset day?

MissPrimaryCrafts · 06/06/2021 11:09

Hi, I'm a student and there's an inset day tomorrow. It's not for training or anything it's just a day kind of set aside for report writing. No one has said anything to me about this or how it works. I'm writing a section of the reports for my class so I think I should go in for it.

I'm wondering what time to arrive? I was thinking 9 as the children aren't coming in, but on a normal school day peope arrive between 7-8 and if they do that tomorrow and I don't turn up till 9 I'll look late and lazy! When would you arrive?

OP's posts:
Please
or

thebookeatinggirl · 06/06/2021 11:31

If we have an INSET day like this, there's usually a get together/Teams meet at 9am just to say hello and go through expectations for the day. I usually arrive at 8.30am if I've nothing else to do, or earlier if I have classroom prep etc. I'd get there a bit before 9. You can always help out the class teacher.

Please
or

MrsHandles · 06/06/2021 13:00

Our inset days always start at 8 (which is really inconvenient for those who have to do childcare drop offs!) so most people are in by 7:45. Maybe give someone a message to find out what’s expected at your school Smile

Please
or

RuleWithAWoodenFoot · 06/06/2021 13:32

We've got a report writing inset tomorrow. I'll be in at 7.30 - usual - because otherwise I get stuck in traffic. If that wasn't a factor, I'd probably aim for 8.30.

Personally I want to get in and have a normal 9 hours, because that will get my reports mostly done.

Please
or

Historytoo · 06/06/2021 15:04

I'm always in for my normal time as there is sadly always something that needs doing.

Please
or

MrsHamlet · 06/06/2021 20:26

Normal time, whatever that is

Please
or

CheesecakeAddict · 06/06/2021 21:25

If I was feeling particularly chilled about my workload, I would be in for 8. A normal school day starts at 8.15 for us and inset days, in all the schools I've worked in, have expected us in for normal start of the day times.

Please
or

LolaSmiles · 06/06/2021 21:56

I tend to arrive half an hour before the start of an inset day, unless there's a particularly big task I want to complete. My approach to inset days is more tortoise than hare. I find that a more relaxed start tends to make me more productive for the day.

Please
or

dapsnotplimsolls · 07/06/2021 18:59

I'd arrive around 8.45 if I were you. I'd LOVE to have a report-writing inset!

Please
or

dapsnotplimsolls · 07/06/2021 19:04

Oops, bit late!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.