Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What are my rights to keep my role?

OwlinaTree · 03/06/2020 22:18

I'm Senco and EYFS lead in my school. My boss has suggested that I change role next year as he wants to put two job shares in EYFS and I'd have the same amount of release time to do send. I'd spend the other 3.5 days covering people's PPA.

I don't want to do this, I want to stay teaching eyfs. Can her make me give up eyfs lead and do this other role? Anyone with advice? I'm really stressing about it.

OP's posts:
Please
or

BackforGood · 03/06/2020 23:46

As with any question about teaching T&Cs, speak to your union - this is why you pay the fees each month.

IME, yes, the HT / SMT can put teachers in whatever roles they want to.

Are you paid extra for being EYFS lead ? Are you still doing that management side of the role ?

I actualy think, as SENCO, if you have a teaching role, then it's not a bad thing to have the opportunity to be in different classes, but I realise that's not really what you are asking, I can just see the HT's thinking.

Please
or

OwlinaTree · 03/06/2020 23:52

Thank you for your reply.

It's not a bad thing, I can see the benefits. I'm very concerned about the level of planning and marking I'll be expected to do, with a quick turnaround as books will be needed the next day etc. The next eyfs framework is being trialled this coming year and other changes are happening I want to be part of, not being a supply teacher.

I'm not specifically paid extra to be eyfs lead, I'm at the top of the upper pay scale.

I've emailed my Union for advice.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.