Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Last few weeks of pgce - struggling

TheletterZ · 22/04/2018 13:23

Only a few more weeks to go so I am trying to just keep on going but finding it really tough at the moment! Last week, even though I did loads in the Easter break, was just increasingly hard going and I only just got all my lesson plans done.

I spent yesterday with my family/catching up on sleep so today is back to the grindstone and getting planned for next week. So far today I have done my weekly reflection (which always takes a long time) and 2lessons planned and resourced. Lots more still to do and I’m just feeling really down hearted about the whole thing.

I have a really nice job lined up for next year that I am looking forward to and I know I am nearly there so just need to plod on but it is so hard. I am also getting 3 in my weekly reports and just don't know what more I can do to push it up to a 2.

Just having a moan really.

OP's posts:
Please
or

deary · 22/04/2018 14:15

Keep going, if you have a job sorted already, you just need to keep going- nobody will ever care what you were graded as! It does get better!

Please
or

CraftyGin · 22/04/2018 17:25

Fantastic that you have a good job for next year.

Light is truly at the end of the tunnel.

Please
or

MaisyPops · 22/04/2018 17:29

Just echoing what others have said really. It's almost done and you're nearly there.

It's the run down to summer, do what you need to and focus on having a life.

Please
or

fruityb · 22/04/2018 17:31

I’ve never been as tired and exhausted as I was doing pgce. But you’re nearly there and once you’re actually doing the job it feels ten times easier!

Please
or

TheletterZ · 22/04/2018 19:22

Thank you. I have lessons planned fully for Monday and Tuesday and ideas/outlines for the rest of the week.

Still have my assignment to work on, but I am finishing tonight at 8 as dh is going to the states on Monday so want to spend some time with him this evening.

OP's posts:
Please
or

TheTroutofNoCraic · 22/04/2018 19:33

PGCE year was hands down the hardest year of my life, and I saw that as someone who was pregnant from December of my NQT year!

You have a job lined up for next year already, you're in a better position than most. Whilst I'm not saying to coast, you don't need to bust yourself doing more than you need to. Nobody cares what you got in your PGCE obs or assignments when you are in the job. You will be extremely unlikely to ever be asked for this stuff!!

Please
or

Appuskidu · 23/04/2018 11:05

You are doing really well-hang on in there. There’s only a few weeks left now.

The PGCE wasn’t a killer, though I have to say, the NQT year was worse and the year after that even worse-I don’t know how you do it with kids! I had a boyfriend (now H) who didn’t absolutely everything for three years! Then it started to get easier again.

Take each day at a time!

Please
or

Appuskidu · 23/04/2018 11:06

Sorry, that should say the pgce WAS a killer!

Please
or

PixieN · 23/04/2018 13:07

Hang in there. I found my PGCE year the hardest & most stressful year of my life. NQT year was much easier & that was also having to deal with a mentally ill parent who had a breakdown that year. Luckily, my school was lovely & staff very supportive.

Good luck! You’re nearly there Flowers

Please
or

TheletterZ · 19/05/2018 10:31

Only 2 weeks to go! The end is so close but feels so far away. Plus I have lost my voice today, hopefully I will get it back by Monday.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.