Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your pet, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

How do we stop him?

TinyDancer91 · 28/06/2022 12:23

We moved house in October and now have an island in the kitchen/dining room which has the oven & hob in. Our cat never used to jump on to the worktops in our old house and still doesn't jump on to the on that's under the window with the sink in. However he keeps jumping on to the island, what can we do to stop him?! He knows he shouldn't be on there because when he does it and he sees us he panics and jumps straight back down!

We don't really want him on there as that's where we prepare all of our meals...

We love him dearly but don't want cat fur in our food 😂

Any suggestions?!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Belovedfool · 28/06/2022 18:31

I have no solutions I'm afraid, as my 3 ignore all attempts to prevent it. I just give my worktops a good clean before I cook.... I even have to put a heavy metal tray over the electric hob as they wander over the touch-controls and turn the damn thing on if I don't and I don't want burned paws.

Please
or

RandomMess · 28/06/2022 18:32

Water spray bottle

Please
or

minipie · 28/06/2022 18:40

You might be able to train him not to when you’re there, but he’ll still do it when you’re not there…

Please
or

Littlebirdyouaresosweet · 28/06/2022 18:51

Put some foil on. He will hate it. Make a psss noise whenever he gets near too!!

Please
or

Fluffycloudland77 · 28/06/2022 20:48

Clean before you cook. Our girl was water sprayed and she took ages to learn spray bottles weren’t going to hurt her.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.