Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your pet, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Messy eater!

Dancingfairydreams · 24/06/2022 12:06

Any recommendations for a mat / bowl for a very messy eater? My girl insists on taking food out of the bowl & eating from the floor, I have a standard mat down but this still makes a mess. I've tried many different bowls too to try to see if it's the bowl etc, but it all ends up on the floor!

Obligatory photo attached

Messy eater!
OP's posts:
Please
or

Grumpyoldpersonwithcats · 24/06/2022 12:56

Mine are all messy eaters. We put the bowls down on newspaper and replace regularly

Please
or

Grumpyoldpersonwithcats · 24/06/2022 12:56

Oh - and lovely cat btw ๐Ÿ˜

Please
or

September29th · 24/06/2022 13:14

A large tray, or a large dish on a very large tray. I had a messy eater, would lick the food to get the gravy/jelly off and push the lumps out on to the floor.
I had some success with pasta bowls (on a tray).

Please
or

Fluffycloudland77 · 24/06/2022 14:35

Big waterproof sheet? Sheโ€™s very beautiful.

Please
or

schnubbins · 24/06/2022 14:43

I have a large tray under my cats bowls but one of them still drops it on the floor to eat .My wooden floor is ruined!

Please
or

Toddlerteaplease · 24/06/2022 15:59

I almost started a thread on this the other day. I have a raised bowel for dry food. On a boot mat. But it goes everywhere. The wet food stays in the bowl though. I don't know how on earth they create such a mess.

Please
or

Fluffycloudland77 · 24/06/2022 16:23

schnubbins · 24/06/2022 14:43

I have a large tray under my cats bowls but one of them still drops it on the floor to eat .My wooden floor is ruined!

When we chose kitchen flooring I fed the cat on the samples to see how it fared with dried on cat food removal.

Polished porcelain did the best ๐Ÿ˜ธ

Please
or

schnubbins · 24/06/2022 16:47

Fluffycloudland77 · 24/06/2022 16:23

When we chose kitchen flooring I fed the cat on the samples to see how it fared with dried on cat food removal.

Polished porcelain did the best ๐Ÿ˜ธ

Too late for me .I will just have to get an even bigger tray!

Please
or

Littlebirdyouaresosweet · 24/06/2022 16:48

Surely when she has a dcat slave she doesn't have to worry about such trivial things as Table Manners?

Please
or

September29th · 24/06/2022 19:13

Two of mine have pinched my chair and sat at the table waiting for food to appear, maybe try that if the big tray doesn't work.

Please
or

Dancingfairydreams · 24/06/2022 23:03

Lol thanks guys...these cats really do keep us on our toes! I'll try a bigger mat / shallow tray & see if this improves or just gives her more space to drag the food to ๐Ÿ™ˆ she's a diva but I love her โค๏ธ

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.