My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our community of cat lovers on the Mumsnet Cat forum for kitten advice and help with cat behaviour.

The litter tray

Stray kitten

5 replies

BrennieGirl · 25/09/2013 21:27

There has been a little kitten hanging around our road for the last few days. Nobody seems to own her. I've taken her in tonight and she is fast asleep on my sofa. I'm going to bring her to the vet tomorrow and see if she is microchipped.

In the meantime I need to feed her. I have adult dry cat food but assume that wouldn't be suitable. What could I feed her instead?

I'm not sure what age she is but I'm guessing about 3 months. I'll try to post a pic to my profile if any one would like to try to age her for me.

OP posts:
pooka · 25/09/2013 21:29

By 3 months I would have thought that adult cat food should be a good enough stop-gap. Is it wet food or dry complete food?

ExitPursuedByADragon · 25/09/2013 21:29

Good on you. I would probably open a tin of tuna.

cozietoesie · 25/09/2013 21:31

Tuna if you have some, or maybe some very lightly scrambled (real sloppy) egg. Don't give her too much at first though in case her stomach is all discombobulated with living and eating rough.

BrennieGirl · 25/09/2013 21:39

Thanks for the replies. I have tuna so I'll give her a little bit of that.

OP posts:
cozietoesie · 25/09/2013 21:42

If it's in brine, remember not to let her have the liquid it's in - drain it and give her some water in a separate dish as well.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.