My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our community of cat lovers on the Mumsnet Cat forum for kitten advice and help with cat behaviour.

The litter tray

Kittens following neutering

4 replies

NurseySA · 11/09/2012 21:00

I hope somebody can help me!! My two 6 month old kittens were castrated last Friday. Everything is fine, they have bounced back really well, except they seem to be starving hungry all the time! They only missed one meal on the Friday, their breakfast, post-op they had chicken and rice as vet recommended. Since then I have given them their normal diet of Felix sachets morning and evening, with dried stuff down all the time. Plus lots of treats of Dreamies and cheese to relieve my guilt! They wont stop bugging me for food, maybe cause I'm off work this week, but it's non-stop. Is this normal? Should I feed them more?

OP posts:
TheSilverPussycat · 11/09/2012 22:51

Ration the treats - I have to be firm with myself DCat, and only give her them in the evening, she has definitely got more hassly since I started this, I initially gave her 4 when she came in last thing at night, but it has crept up a bit so she's now getting about 10 in 3 goes. (Obviously I am not actually succeeding at being v firm Hmm )

TheSilverPussycat · 11/09/2012 22:52

*since I started giving her Dreamies

crazynanna · 11/09/2012 22:56

My girl has definitely got fatter since neutering a few months ago. I am sure I read girls' do though..something to do with the hormones.

NurseySA · 11/09/2012 23:28

Thankyou both, I will stop trying to assuage my guilt with kitty comfort food. My DH is making me feel worse but sighing and grimacing everytime the kittens turn their backs to him!!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.