My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our community of cat lovers on the Mumsnet Cat forum for kitten advice and help with cat behaviour.

The litter tray

Catteries

5 replies

lazycat · 26/06/2012 22:48

I've found a cattery to send our cat to while we're away - they do deliveries and collections too - but how do I tell if they're good?

It's www.southendfarm.com/cattery.htm - has anyone used them before? Any opinions appreciated!

OP posts:
issey6cats · 27/06/2012 12:45

the best way of finding a good cattery is to phone them and ask if you can visit them for a look round before booking,

a good cattery will allow you to do this as they have nothing to hide,

look for clean, large pens with plenty of cat friendly shelves, outside run preferable, cat flap access to inside and outside of run,

ask what thier feeding regime is, do the cats get any human interaction during the day or do they just feed and run,

they should also need vaccinations up to date for the cat if they dont ask for this then i would be worried about my cat coming home with something like flu that he didnt have when he went in, ask how often they clean the pens and change the litter trays, ask if you can supply your own food

lazycat · 06/07/2012 12:22

Thanks heaps for your advice - rang the cattery and asked them all the questions.

OP posts:
issey6cats · 06/07/2012 14:44

your welcome

Daisybell1 · 06/07/2012 15:14

Also I found them being fully booked reassuring. When I couldn't get the mob in over a weekend I knew I was on to a good spot Grin

beckslovestimmy · 08/07/2012 12:46

We were a bit unsure about catteries and in the end found a company that would visit the house twice a day feed them, play with them and they would put bins out draw curtains ect this was the same price as a cattery and it kept our boys in there own environment. Just a thought?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.