My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our community of cat lovers on the Mumsnet Cat forum for kitten advice and help with cat behaviour.

The litter tray

lump in cat???

4 replies

CherryRocketMonster · 02/11/2011 11:07

she has a lump in her tummy. its hard, about the siez of a marbe. i am suspecting a hernia but never having had a cat before i have no idea. help please

OP posts:
oopslateagain · 02/11/2011 11:16

How long has it been there? If it appeared suddenly it could quite possibly be a hernia. Are you absoulutely certain it is UNDER the skin? Most cats are shedding right now, mine have huge lumpy bits which need a lot of brushing. It's very easy to mistake a clump of hair for a lump.

CherryRocketMonster · 02/11/2011 12:11

i dont know, havent felt it before today. its definitely inside her, not in her fur. she is a short haired cat.

OP posts:
Lizcat · 02/11/2011 13:18

It could be almost anything. Last week I had an owner reporting a lump on their cat - it was a perfectly normal kidney they could feel. To put your mind at rest get your vet to check it out.

MyLittleFluffball · 03/11/2011 00:05

Definitely take your cat to the vet, it may be something serious that you have caught early on (or it may be something harmless, but you can only find out by going to the vet).

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.