Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about your pet's health, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Can I put sun cream on dog

Okki · 29/05/2020 09:12

Morning. My dog loves lying in the sun but I'm concerned at the moment he's getting burnt underneath as is looking a bit pink. Can I safely put sun cream on him? I've got Aldi spray on factor 30 or Sensitive 50+ cream.

OP's posts:
Please
or

HollysBush · 29/05/2020 09:15

I’d be interested in this too! My collie has a white area on top of her muzzle which always goes pink if she’s out in the slightest sun. Worried she’d try to lick it off.

Please
or

gingersnaps14 · 29/05/2020 09:18

Yes you can, go with the sensitive one. As a general rule go for ones suitable for babies to make sure it's suitable for sensitive skin. I think there is a certain ingredient in some (quick google search) that could be harmful if licked off, but I think maybe it's not included in children's sun cream? Either way my white dogs have always been fine with sensitive sun cream on Smile

Please
or

Okki · 29/05/2020 09:22

Thanks @gingersnaps14

I've just found some pet sun cream on amazon but it's only spf15 so I'll stick with the human one 😁

OP's posts:
Please
or

GrowThroughWhatYouGoThrough · 29/05/2020 09:23

Yes we have a Dalmatian who basks we have to use Suncream on her regularly

Please
or

BeingonFBdoesntmakeittrue · 29/05/2020 09:25

I used to have a white cat and I put suncream on his ears in the summer.

Please
or

vanillandhoney · 29/05/2020 11:26

You can get pet sunscreen too.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.