Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Walter presents ch4, any one watch these?

MrsLargeEmbodied · 19/06/2022 22:17

Any recommendations?

OP's posts:
Please
or

saveforthat · 19/06/2022 22:22

The outlaws was brilliant if it's still on there (not the current British series)

Please
or

JemimaTab · 19/06/2022 23:56

I have a few!

Cry Wolf (Danish) - this is one of best things I’ve seen in ages. About a social services investigation when a teenage girl suggests her stepfather has been hitting her. What is true, what isn’t etc.

Snow Angels (Swedish) - about a case where a baby goes missing. Very good, but pretty bleak.

Partisan (Swedish) - set around a countryside commune/cult, where odd things are going on.

Another one I thought was good but on iPlayer:

The Hunt for a Killer (Swedish) - dramatisation of a true life case of a missing girl over the years 1989-2005.

(Danish series The Investigation was absolutely brilliant IMO but I don’t think iPlsyer have it any more. Worth looking out for though - based on the investigation into the submarine killing).

Please
or

JemimaTab · 19/06/2022 23:59

The Twelve is also good - a Belgian drama about the jury on a high-profile murder trial. (All4)

Please
or

MrsLargeEmbodied · 20/06/2022 07:07

thank you @JemimaTab
that is something to be going on with
i have seen Snow Angels, which was good

OP's posts:
Please
or

BlueSkyWarmSea · 20/06/2022 07:15

I enjoyed Torn last summer. Reviewed in The Guardian as a good summery watch.

Please
or

MzHz · 20/06/2022 07:34

Is Professor T still in there - I loves him. 🥰

we watch loads of the Walter presents things but there have clearly been loads we’ve missed! I’ll have a look!

Please
or

easyday · 20/06/2022 07:40

Netflix has rebooted Borgen (Danish political drama). Love it - watch the first three seasons first though!

Please
or

iwantavuvezela · 20/06/2022 23:18

Ride the storm (Danish) - absolutely brilliant - one of the best things I've watched

Please
or

rosegoldwatcher · 20/06/2022 23:43

To the list above I will add The Inner Circle (Danish) - which I put off watching for ages for its subject matter but really enjoyed and When the Dust Settles, brilliant! That one is Danish too.

Can't think of a Danish series that hasn't been good actually.

Please
or

MrsLargeEmbodied · 21/06/2022 06:05

currently just started the Wagner method
my the lead is good looking

OP's posts:
Please
or

MrsLargeEmbodied · 16/07/2022 06:47

Been watching Seizure which is very confusing but I am determined to finish

OP's posts:
Please
or

arrogantorwhat37 · 16/07/2022 10:32

MzHz · 20/06/2022 07:34

Is Professor T still in there - I loves him. 🥰

we watch loads of the Walter presents things but there have clearly been loads we’ve missed! I’ll have a look!

love professor T also

Please
or

User8394721 · 17/07/2022 16:37

I have just started watching Four Strangers on All4, seem ok, only on first episode, it's Croatian. First episode is also on normal telly, channel 4 at 11 tonight

Please
or

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g · 17/07/2022 16:42

Don't know if it's still on All4 but the three series starting with Deutschland 83 are very good indeed.

Please
or

SocksAndTheCity · 17/07/2022 18:16

Locked Up (Spanish prison drama) was my favourite on there, but it's a while back so it might have been replaced. It's well worth a watch though.

Please
or

MrsLargeEmbodied · 17/07/2022 22:16

I enjoyed Deutschland 83 it was excellent

OP's posts:
Please
or

AnyFucker · 19/07/2022 22:27

Please
or

whiteroseredrose · 19/07/2022 22:48

We liked the Bridge, and also one called After the Dust has Settled (I think) about a restaurant shooting. It developed really well.

Really liked the Deutchland series, and currently on Borgen.

Please
or

HollowTalk · 19/07/2022 23:01

Bookmarking this!

Please
or

choirmumoftwo · 19/07/2022 23:30

Love Walter Presents and binge watch practically everything that comes on. I don't even notice the subtitles anymore - they're just part of the picture.

Please
or

Candelabrassiere · 19/07/2022 23:34

I watched something called Line of Separation a while back on Walter Presents - in German with subtitles. It was about when they divided Germany after WW2., who ended up on which side etc. The bloke who played the lead in (the excellent) Deutchland 83 was in it.

Please
or

rhubarblover · 19/07/2022 23:43

Rocco Schiavone -Ice Cold Murders. It’s an Italian crime series with a grizzled but attractive detective with a back story. Funny and sad. Set in Aosta. We love it!

Please
or

JemimaTab · 20/07/2022 01:03

A few others I’ve watched recently:

Seizure (Norwegian, All4): I think I liked it overall, but it was a little odd. All those eels.

Inner Circle (Swedish, All4): a political drama, rather liked this, quite entertaining.

All the Sins (Finnish, All4): there are 2 series of this, the 2nd is actually a prequel to the first and I preferred it. It was OK, some good actors but not necessarily in the lead roles. I’d put it in the “perfectly good watch” category rather than amazing.

Trom (Faroese/Danish - BBC iPlayer): this was interesting in that it was set in the Faroes (and so in Faroese and Danish), but TBH I wasn’t really grabbed by the plot.

I’m always looking for other recommendations though so I hope this thread continues!

Please
or

craggyrat · 20/07/2022 08:16

Love Rocco in Ice Cold Murders

Please
or

NightJohnBoy · 20/07/2022 17:44

Outlier - watchable but not amazing

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.