Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Russian Doll season 2

GingeryLemons · 07/05/2022 20:25

Anyone watching? We are about to start the last episode, and I'm feeling quite confused! I watch because I love Nadia first and foremost. Natasha Lyonne is utterly magnetic. But wtf is happening this season?! ๐Ÿ˜„

OP's posts:
Please
or

StroppyTop · 07/05/2022 20:34

Iโ€™m glad itโ€™s not just me - I thought Iโ€™d blacked out and missed loads from s1. Made it to the end of s2 ep1 and still none the wiser.

Please
or

Tontostitis · 07/05/2022 20:45

We are just discussing whether to give up on S2 which is a shame as bits of it have been fantastic and we loved S1

Please
or

GingeryLemons · 07/05/2022 21:07

OK, after watching s2 all the way through, it finally comes together! Keep going.

OP's posts:
Please
or

lljkk · 07/05/2022 21:09

hmmmm

I watched S1 and S2 all in a few days.
I didn't feel confused by S2.
Some of it is quite clever, and it does the time travel paradox exactly how I think it should work.
I enjoyed it enough to watch to the end (I easily give up on many things)
Agree it's not as good as S1.

The part of S2 I didn't like was Nadia's monologues, ranting (what sounds like crazy stuff) at people, trying to be cleverer than them. But that was minor thing. I liked Alan much better as his Gran. "You only have to wait 27 years to be free!" was very funny.

Is Nadia's dad gonna be focus of next series? I wonder.

Please
or

SkiingIsHeaven · 07/05/2022 21:10

Is it worth sticking with series 1? We are 3 episodes in and not loving it. Maybe just not getting it. Wondered whether to keep going.

Please
or

cloudcats · 07/05/2022 21:10

I've watched it all and love it!

It possibly helps if you've taken drugs (ever, not while watching!) as there are some references but hopefully not essential.

Please
or

Sisisimone · 13/05/2022 22:05

I absolutely loved both series but think I preferred season 2. Devoured it all in virtually one sitting. Loved the time travel aspect. Really hope there's a 3rd series.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.