Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

MRKH and surrogacy. The journey starts here

SiljeNorb · 28/12/2018 09:37

Hi everyone! My name is Silje, I am from Sweden!
Nice to meet you all.
I am a new member of this community, so I guess I should post a brief introduction! I am 38 yo, diagnosed with MRKH at the age of 19. Long story short, I was not getting my period and was really worried about my health. Well, as I went to a gynecologist, I was told that they couldn't find cervix. That led to a set of examinations. I have no uterus, no cervix, plus other common symptoms. I do not want to get in too much detail here, in the introduction post. So I'll keep it at that.
I have decided to create an account here to see what other people are doing in my situation, I am on a mission to sign a surrogacy contract with a clinic or an agency. I have already planned everything but I am not sure whether it is a right decision for me. Well, I know that I want to have kids, my partner obviously knows about my condition and is very supportive for which I am eternally thankful. We did not have a choice except to go for surrogacy if we want my husband to be the father. So, now I am patrolling forums and reading about other women's experiences. Which is totally helpful.
I hope to find some support here and if possible help others as well.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Elvia33P · 20/03/2019 08:08

We've signed with an agency as well. And it took the agency 1.5 months to find and match the surrogate. We met her this Monday for the first time. It was everything one could have imagined it to be. Hope you will update us with great news as well.
xx

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.