Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Style & Beauty

Help! Any cheap serum suggestions after Aldi Lacura Q10 discontinued?

25 replies

HadEnough798 · 31/12/2022 19:49

My skin transformed when I discovered the Aldi Lacura Q10 serum -

Never felt or looked better, but it's been discontinued!

Feel v stressed as I'm rubbish at choosing skincare and don't have loads of money to spend, but can feel my skin looking worse - rougher, drier, just not as happy. The Q10 day cream doesn't work the same.

Anybody have any recommendations for cheap serums that are similar?

OP posts:
Please
or

MigsandTiggs · 31/12/2022 20:09

Try Aldi Vitamin C serum. I like the entire Vit C range, but it sells out quickly.

Please
or

AutumnCrow · 31/12/2022 20:12

Asda Vit C serum, I think it's still about £2.50.

Please
or

mnahmnah · 31/12/2022 20:17

Lidl do one that I like

Please
or

Branster · 31/12/2022 20:38

Oh no! Has it definitely been discontinued? I've been trying to buy some for most of the year. My last bottle will finish very soon and I really like it.
I know Lidl do a similar serum but I have no idea if it is as good as the Aldi version.

Please
or

Xztop · 01/01/2023 08:57

This will explain why I haven't been able to find any for the last few weeks!

Lidl has one very very similar

Please
or

Lilliflip · 01/01/2023 09:19

This is why I will not start using skincare from Aldi anymore. They do things for limited period, or supply is just erratic. It’s very annoying once you like something.
I will have a look for the Lidl one as the q10 serum was my favourite too.

Please
or

Ofbollocks · 01/01/2023 09:25

Ffs. I didn't know. Love that stuff.

Please
or

LadyEloise1 · 01/01/2023 10:41

As @Lilliflip says - Aldi do things for a limited time or supply is erratic.
I love their Oud and Bergamot candle but thdy never seem to have it Sad just blo*dy Pomegranate Noir or Lime Basil 🤮

Please
or

NeedWineNow · 01/01/2023 11:22

It's so annoying when they do this. I had the same with the Rejuvelate Day and Night creams - managed to get a couple of the Day cream online but Aldi online says the Night cream is only available instore - it's not! I couldn't take to the Q10 apart from the serum which, as the OP says, has also disappeared. The Lidl one is ok but not as good as the Aldi one.

I have to say I'm giving up with Aldi skincare due to the unreliability and am going to look for alternatives in Boots or Superdrug.

Please
or

HadEnough798 · 01/01/2023 12:32

@Branster when I went on their website to see if I could buy it online, there were loads of comments from people in the reviews saying they've been asking store staff for it and been told it's discontinued... that's my only source, but a lot of people saying the same.

I haven't seen the Aldi Vit C serum stocked in my local one but will look out for it -

And I didn't know Lidl had one so will try that too, thanks!

I know Aldi has a reputation for copying other more expensive products until they get sued and then basically just stopping making them, but that's pure speculation on my part...

OP posts:
Please
or

Branster · 01/01/2023 12:44

You may be correct. I haven't seen it in store for months now. There was still a price label on the shelf for a while but I can't remember seeing that of lately, and I never thought to ask a member of staff.
It doesn't make sense why they'd discontinue it as it is a very popular item.

The Aldi various special buys do have some real gems but it's impossible to know if they'd ever come back on sale. Which is very annoying. I noticed during 2022, we didn't have as many skincare special buys as we did during the pandemic. No idea why. Also some special buys are never showing on the website so I'm sure I missed out on quite a few products. Or saved myself the disappointment of never finding them again.

Please
or

Lilliflip · 01/01/2023 18:24

Does anyone know what it was a dupe of? If it’s the Nivea q10, it might be worth buying that as there’s less chance it will disappear from shelves?

Please
or

neveradullmoment99 · 01/01/2023 19:11

I really love the aldi rejuvilate. Really suits my skin. They have changed the formulation and it is a bit thinner now but I still really like it.

Please
or

kdramaqueen · 04/01/2023 16:31

@HadEnough798 I'm just back from my local Aldi and the Lacura Q10 in both face and eye serums are on sale, in a new formulation. If you can't find it, I'm happy to get it and post to you.

Please
or

LadyEloise1 · 04/01/2023 18:35

The dreaded words "in a new formulation"
Why ?
If it ain't broke why fix it ???
Angry

Please
or

Branster · 04/01/2023 18:50

Thank you for the good news @kdramaqueen
I shall visit my nearest Aldi this week and hope to find some.
I didn't know there was a separate eye serum!
Are these in the normal everyday personal care shelves or as a special offer in the middle aisle?

I'm hoping they didn't change it too much.

On a similar, the caviar moisturiser changed packaging when I saw it last time maybe a couple of months ago. I don't know if it was also reformulated. I wish they stopped changing things.

Please
or

kdramaqueen · 04/01/2023 19:15

@Branster They were in the normal personal care section and stock was low.

Please
or

Branster · 04/01/2023 19:44

Thank you @kdramaqueen

Please
or

katseyes7 · 04/01/2023 20:13

I've used the Aldi Lacura Caviar day and night creams for a couple of years now and they're as good as anything else l've ever used.
The night cream seemed to vanish off the face of the earth, but l was in a store a while ago, and they had them, so l bought a couple.
They've recently introduced Caviar Gold. I've seen articles about it as recently as two days ago. But when you go on the Aldi website, it's 'no longer available'.
Lots on ebay for £25 a pot, though. Which l wouldn't pay.
I just wish they'd stop coming up with this really decent (certainly for the price) skincare then discontinuing it!
I used to use the Superdrug B range but they discontinued that, the 'new' version of it isn't a patch on it, and it's twice the price.
I'm certainly going to try the Lidl Cien ones, l've got a pot of the day cream but haven't used it yet. The serum looks very similar to the Aldi one and it's about the same price.

Please
or

Branster · 05/01/2023 00:00

It looks like Caviar Gold was on sale beginning of December so a Special Buy by the sound of it. It never came online - I check every Sunday to see what's new in skincare.
I've seen other special buys appear in the shop but never online and there's no way of knowing about them until after it happens. And as I don't go in the shop regularly , there must be lots of things I don't know about. Probably better because I'd never find them again.

Caviar night cream is not always in stock but it still exists. Online there was a set day/night creams in the old blue silver packaging recently. In shop they had both a few weeks ago but the new packaging which makes me suspect the product might a bit different now.

Please
or

Shikamiri · 11/01/2023 16:58

The Caviar Gold range is heavenly. Their Mrketing Team need binning, what is the point of having these really good products for one week?

Please
or

NeedWineNow · 11/01/2023 17:16

For anyone who's close to my local store (Sevenoaks), they've got the full Q10 range including the face and eye serums, and also the normal Caviar Day and Night creams.

Still no Rejuvelate sadly.

Please
or

SecretVictoria · 11/01/2023 18:46

Ugh. I feel your pain. I got the Glow Recipe dupes last year, loved them, never to be seen again 😣. What is the point?

Please
or

Ofbollocks · 25/01/2023 18:50

@HadEnough798 it was back in stock in my local Aldi. New smaller box but looks the same Had q10 eye serum as well as face serum.

Please
or

LivingDeadGirlUK · 25/01/2023 18:53

I like superdrug own brand for value skincare, the vitamin E range is lovely.

Please
or