Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Fairfax & Favor - worth the money??

27 replies

TooHotToTangoToo · 01/09/2022 15:26

I've been lusting after a pair of F&F Regina boots for years. But are they really worth £375?

OP posts:
Please
or

TopSec · 01/09/2022 15:49

I've been lusting after a pair of F&F Regina boots for years. But are they really worth £375?

I bought a pair and love them. I take a size 7 and do need to wear fairly thick socks as they do come up a little on the large size, but that my experience. They are great boots, look very stylish and I get lots of comments when I wear them. Definitely an investment piece.

Please
or

AgathaX · 01/09/2022 15:54

They are lovely. I've had mine for nearly 2 years now. In all honesty though, I'm not sure the quality of them is worth the price.

Please
or

idontevenknowanyonecalledblurb · 01/09/2022 16:03

I love everything I've got from there. Join the Facebook groups there's lots of excellent condition second hand ones if you want to save a bit of money

Please
or

ArtyChoc · 01/09/2022 16:05

Very comfortable, I’ve got a pair of their shoes, I could have bought similar for less but it was instead of Gucci loafers so they were cheaper than I planned.

Please
or

Indoctro · 01/09/2022 16:11

I have had a pair for about 6 years they still look new

Very comfortable. I got heels tipped, which has helped them last.

Please
or

DesignerRecliner · 01/09/2022 16:25

I have a pair of their ankle boots and live in them. Well structured and support the ankle & very robust

Please
or

TooHotToTangoToo · 01/09/2022 16:55

Good idea about the Facebook groups, I'll have a look on there

OP posts:
Please
or

sugarcone · 01/09/2022 18:14

I'm a huge fan. I love my Regina boots and like a pp says, get lots of compliments when I wear them

Please
or

SuperSange · 01/09/2022 18:23

Could you get Penelope Chilvers for that price? Theyll last years.

Please
or

TooHotToTangoToo · 01/09/2022 18:47

I've got quite big calves, do you think the 'sporting fit' would accommodate them, or are they just slightly bigger than average?

OP posts:
Please
or

JustMeBeingMe2022 · 01/09/2022 18:51

I’ll save you £££. I have a few pairs of these. I bought Fairfax and Favor up to last year until I was out with a friend and I complimented her boots. I’ve just ordered a new pair that should be here on Monday ☺️

Please
or

Justonedayatatime11 · 01/09/2022 19:41

Absolutely worth the money, but the brand, and the Facebook pages in particular are cult like. Beautiful items but quality is not as good as it was and they are very expensive!

Please
or

GCAcademic · 01/09/2022 19:50

I find them an absolute bloody nightmare to get on and off my foot. Never known anything like it!

Please
or

Sophoclesthefox · 01/09/2022 19:55

I’ll save you £££. I have a few pairs of these. I bought Fairfax and Favor up to last year until I was out with a friend and I complimented her boots. I’ve just ordered a new pair that should be here on Monday ☺️

Oooh! Have been drooling over F &F for a while, but there’s a shorter boot there that might be better suited for my purposes. What’s the support & fit like, please? Ty Smile

Please
or

JustMeBeingMe2022 · 01/09/2022 20:09

Sophoclesthefox · 01/09/2022 19:55

Oooh! Have been drooling over F &F for a while, but there’s a shorter boot there that might be better suited for my purposes. What’s the support & fit like, please? Ty Smile

I’m a size 5 and order a 38, they can be slightly snug to start with like any new boots and I love the support. They also hold their shape unlike the F&F ones, I felt that the F&F ones didn’t hold their shape so well after a few wears. I have long ones and the Chelsea type boots and I can honestly say they’re the comfiest boots I’ve owned.

Please
or

Sophoclesthefox · 02/09/2022 05:35

they sound fab. So tempted!

Please
or

helenabonhamfarter · 02/09/2022 07:34

Indeed. In fact if they are worn by the Duchess of Cambridge (probably much to the annoyance of F&F).

Please
or

ArtyChoc · 02/09/2022 19:23

Aren’t F& F made in Spain? They’re probably the same boots, I remember being less than impressed with the F& F story, they started off as importers of Spanish shoes

Please
or

Igo · 02/09/2022 19:29

They used to be fab but the quality of the last pair was awful…check out the 2nd sales Facebook group you can get some good bargains!

just be warned they don’t allow negative reviews either and the Facebook admin won’t post anything which goes again them so you always get a biased opinion.

other than that I love my older ones and they still look brand new

Please
or

Theowlwhowasafraid · 02/09/2022 19:36

I love mine but don’t wear them often but when I do I get loads of compliments! Agree with pp that the Facebook groups are a bit cult like 😂 they are gorgeous though. Apparently the explorers aren’t as good as they were but I think the other items are fine! I’ve got a pair of Boudicas too and I wear those more!

Please
or

CaveMum · 02/09/2022 22:36

Have you looked on Vinted? A quick glance shows plenty that have been hardly worn.

Please
or

Shannonsmth · 01/10/2022 15:48

The quality was better years ago, not so good nowadays. Zips break easily and cost £100 to replace. I bought years their boots now happy customer of Penelope Chilvers.

Please
or

Justonedayatatime11 · 03/10/2022 09:17

@TooHotToTangoToo if you're a size 5, I'll be listing some pairs on Vinted today

Please
or

CaveMum · 03/10/2022 09:31

Not sure what they’re like, but I got an email yesterday with the Pampaneo boots being offered in the sale for £115 reduced from £295. I know they’re not F&F but might be worth looking at?

pampeano.co.uk/collections/leather-boots

Please
or

Itsabeautifuldaytosavelives123 · 04/10/2022 19:59

I'm sorry, going to disagree with most, I don't think they're worth the money. They are beautifully made but a boot that doesn't fit most people without it killing their calves to 'break them in', hence the many new pairs for sale on eBay/F&F selling groups etc. I've had 2 pairs of Reginas and a pair of Explorers but sold them all, it wasn't worth having a pair of boots that price that didn't fit like a glove. PC boots are better calf fit IMO, as an alternative to explorers. I just wish somewhere would do a dressier boot like the Regina.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?