Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Hair products for short pixie Bob hair

priestlover · 05/08/2022 20:50

I had my very long hair cut very short yesterday. Like a long pixie cut (can still tuck behind ears)

What products do I need to style it? It’s all short, thick and flufffy at the back (I think it’s my hair type rather than the cut as she thinned it out plenty!).

Someone save me from the floofiness. It’s all very 80s.

OP's posts:
Please
or

valleyofadventure · 05/08/2022 21:32

Maybe it needs to be a bit shorter? Short hair is all about the nuance. Can you show us a photo?

Please
or

Inclinedtochatter · 05/08/2022 21:42

I use hair wax. You only need a tiny amount and I just work it all over my hair and then style it into place. I prefer the shinier gel waxes over the matte or clay waxes.

Please
or

NoodieRoodie · 05/08/2022 21:54

I've just had mine cut short again after a few years of varying length bobs and I like spray wax. I find it much easier than normal wax in a tub as you can get an even distribution and then scrunch and style

Please
or

mrsfeatherbottom · 05/08/2022 22:01

Without product my pixie cut looks terrible. I use wax day to day (Schwarzkopf Osis Flexwax or similar)

I have fine hair so sometimes also use this: (not every day as it's expensive and makes my hair slightly stiff). It's great for volume.

Schwarzkopf OSiS Soft Dust 10gr amzn.eu/d/gkqQOB6

Please
or

deedledeedledum · 05/08/2022 22:08

Why didn't you ask the stylist who cut it?

Please
or

priestlover · 05/08/2022 22:50

mrsfeatherbottom · 05/08/2022 22:01

Without product my pixie cut looks terrible. I use wax day to day (Schwarzkopf Osis Flexwax or similar)

I have fine hair so sometimes also use this: (not every day as it's expensive and makes my hair slightly stiff). It's great for volume.

Schwarzkopf OSiS Soft Dust 10gr amzn.eu/d/gkqQOB6

Ideal thank you so much! I’ll get this.

The hairdresser styled it lovely but I had to wash it today after a swim and didn’t know how to smooth it out and make it look nice. X

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.