Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Sandals for 2 year old boy. Can't see any I like!

24 replies

YourHandInMyHand · 09/05/2021 09:11

Boys sandals. This is driving me bonkers. They're all either too "sporty" and won't go with the stuff he wears, or too ugly. I don't want stiff as a board soles. I don't want hiking sandals. Jelly shoes are just little colourful torture devices.

Is it really so unreasonable to want a comfy pair of sandals that look nice and don't require socks to keep them from cutting into little feet (I'm looking at you jelly shoes).

If anyone has seen any nice sandals for little boys please show them to me. My son is 2 years old and a size 7.

OP posts:
Please
or

JoyOrbison · 09/05/2021 09:13

My ds lived in clarks doodles and the velcro strap children's dr martens sandals growing up. Dr Martens have really thick soft straps for comfort and support and the doodles could stay in their feet when padding at the beach etc and lightweight. Would recommend both.

Please
or

feesh · 09/05/2021 09:16

Bobux are what you need.

Please
or

idontlikealdi · 09/05/2021 09:19

Menorcan sandals with the strap at the back?

Please
or

Twinkie01 · 09/05/2021 10:20

DS lived in timberland Velcro things as did all his friends. They weren't ugly but weren't that smart but comfortable and hard wearing and easy to run and climb in.

Please
or

Miseryisabutterfly · 09/05/2021 10:42

Saltwaters?

Please
or

HickoryDickoryDot · 09/05/2021 11:21

Just got my son a pair of Camper Bicho sandals. Really soft leather and comfortable flexible soles. He’s really fussy about shoes, usually only wears Bobux trainers and he deemed these acceptable. If you know your sons size they’re lots cheaper on eBay in last seasons colours.

Also got some lovely Geox and Primigi sandals to try but he preferred the Camper. Prime Wardrobe on Amazon is good for ordering kids shoes to try on at home for free and then you just send them back via free returns. Smile

Please
or

Warmduscher · 09/05/2021 11:25

DS had Birkenstocks when he was a toddler.

They were so cute I kept them (he’s 22 now) Blush

Please
or

doctorboo · 09/05/2021 11:30

Have a look at Deichmann, my three have had sandals, trainers and school shoes from there for ages.

Please
or

luggageandbags · 09/05/2021 11:35

Bobux are great, and there’s also a brilliant selection of sandals at Kidly at the moment from various brands.

Please
or

AnExcellentWalker · 09/05/2021 11:41

DD wore the Clark’s Doodles at that age. Comfortable, practical & adjustable.

Please
or

LBB2020 · 09/05/2021 12:03

My DS lived in some canvas shoes/sandals from H&M last summer, similar to Clarks doodles but much cheaper!

Please
or

YourHandInMyHand · 09/05/2021 17:17

Ooh thanks everyone for all the recommendations. I'm going to go through them all and see if any are what I'm looking for. Smile

I do like doodles and canvas shoes but wanted some sandals really.

OP posts:
Please
or

JofraArchersFastestBall · 09/05/2021 17:53

These are comfortable and sturdy, with soft leather and a good rubbery sole.
I got them for my 2yo dd but they're from the boys section.

www.marksandspencer.com/kids-leather-riptape-sandals-4-small-12-small-/p/clp60480318?color=NAVY&prevPage=srp

Please
or

Thewishingchair123 · 09/05/2021 18:13

I know exactly what you mean.
These are Boden and can be dressed up or down

Please
or

Thewishingchair123 · 09/05/2021 18:14

Please
or

AnExcellentWalker · 09/05/2021 20:25

www.clarks.co.uk/c/Surfing-Tide-Toddler/p/26149366

I thought they were called Doodles when DD was little but maybe not. Maybe they've changed them! Anyway, link.

Please
or
Please
or

thismeansnothing · 10/05/2021 05:01

Saltwater sandals. They've been fantastic when we've had them

Please
or

TheLovelyOtherDinosaur · 10/05/2021 05:06

www.crocs.co.uk/p/preschool-crocband-ii-sandal/14854.html?cid=462&adid=shopping_google_UK_nonpromo_Sandals_boys_14854-462&gclid=CjwKCAjwkN6EBhBNEiwADVfya47lPz50gWW7UlPWT6HgdFr7PR77AkQxVD-TkGuSyJoIp50T9a8gcRoC_xUQAvD_BwE

Ive bought my 3 year old son a pair of these in navy and red every year since he’s been able to walk.
They can be dressed up or down and are so versatile. He’s worn them with his smartest shorts and shirts to around the pool. They are super comfy, non rubbing, can be warn in water or around the pool and come up beautifully when shoved in the washer. They are worth every penny. I usually have to size up though for him though so they’re best tried on

Please
or

Needawantaholiday · 10/05/2021 08:04

TEVA and Birkenstock

Please
or

Needawantaholiday · 10/05/2021 08:04

TEVA and Birkenstock

Please
or

SuperMonkeys · 10/05/2021 10:06

Saltwater sharks

Please
or

MrsMiddleMother · 10/05/2021 10:17

Watching as I'm also looking for toddler boy sandals! He had Nike ones last year but they weren't great. Like the look of those crocs crocband ones tho

Please
or

namechangefornaming1 · 10/05/2021 10:22

@TheLovelyOtherDinosaur

www.crocs.co.uk/p/preschool-crocband-ii-sandal/14854.html?cid=462&adid=shopping_google_UK_nonpromo_Sandals_boys_14854-462&gclid=CjwKCAjwkN6EBhBNEiwADVfya47lPz50gWW7UlPWT6HgdFr7PR77AkQxVD-TkGuSyJoIp50T9a8gcRoC_xUQAvD_BwE

Ive bought my 3 year old son a pair of these in navy and red every year since he’s been able to walk.
They can be dressed up or down and are so versatile. He’s worn them with his smartest shorts and shirts to around the pool. They are super comfy, non rubbing, can be warn in water or around the pool and come up beautifully when shoved in the washer. They are worth every penny. I usually have to size up though for him though so they’re best tried on

This in spades! Agree with every word
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?