My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Cool earrings for teenage DD

7 replies

GarlicBreadItsTheFuture · 16/12/2018 09:27

DD had her ears pierced 6 months ago and wants cool earrings for Christmas. Please help I have no idea what is cool or where to look. Thanks.

OP posts:
sleepismysuperpower1 · 16/12/2018 13:32
slug · 16/12/2018 15:23

Titanium is hypoallergenic so a good choice. These are DD's favourites, bought for her the Christmas after she had her ears pierced

70isaLimitNotaTarget · 16/12/2018 18:52

My DD has lobe and cartilidge piercings (the cartilidge ones stay in so YY to titanium for those)

She uses mainly sterling silver ( its purer than low carat gold and less ££ too)

Fir a fairly new piercing , make sure the post is thick enough , long enough and the butterfly is big enough ( you don't want to risk pushing a small butterfly too tight on a short post)

I have some Diamonique huggies from QVC (that DD now wears) they are tiny , size of a 5p, nice 'click' when they close .

I have some screw-backs , bit of a faff to get on, but then they're secure . I don't change mine often though.

Places I'd avoid (through personal experience) :
Claires - I bought some that had a rough bit on the post , made my ear bleed Shock and I'd had mine pierced 38 years . I had a nightmare getting a refund (You've worn them, pierced earrings are except from exchange etc) . I just stood in the (very busy ) shop saying they were not fit for purpose so I was legally entitled to a refund , until they accepted .

Accessorize - ok, not the most £ but so flimsy , lose stones even on the display card Hmm

LittleLlamaontheduskyroad · 16/12/2018 18:59

Is she a young teenager or older teenager? I think the style would depend on the age really.

I get a lot of lovely studs from a seller called ilovesilverjewellery on eBay. The quality is lovely and the seller is brilliant.

HildaZelda · 16/12/2018 19:28

@sleepismysuperpower1, Primark have those Picasso earrings at the moment. I think they're about £3.

sleepismysuperpower1 · 16/12/2018 19:33

hildazelda thank you! was just about to order them, so will check out primark

HildaZelda · 16/12/2018 20:03

Hope you can find them @Sleepis :)

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.