My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Stylish and comfortable shoes for airport travel

5 replies

sphynx · 04/11/2018 17:11

Can any of you suggest a stylish and comfortable shoe or trainer to travel in. I will be going on holiday to Dubai in December and I have flat sandals, wedges for the trip, but when I fly it will be cold so need suitable footwear for the journey. I am 46 years old and I have a small body frame so many chunky style shoes/ trainers don’t look so good on me.

OP posts:
yorkshirepud44 · 04/11/2018 17:17

My suede Adidas gazelle trainers have seen me through several city breaks this year. They are just bliss to wear when most other things rub me to death.

peachypetite · 04/11/2018 17:21

Why don't you just wear a pair of thick socks on the flight?

PastaRedWine · 04/11/2018 18:33

Urgh, I just lost my post. But basically, I fly a lot. Long haul every week or two. I am
sticking to slim shallow converse at the moment all the time for flying. They get through security without taking them off and are easy to walk miles in through airports. They look good with long jeans or rolled up looser summer jeans. Or dresses for that matter.

I used to live in Dubai and it's pretty cool temperature wise in December compared to the rest of the year. I wear high heeled strappy shoes at night when going out there in winter and toms or converse or something in the day unless actually going to the beach and wanting flip flops. The summer there outside is hell on earth, but it won't be hot hot in December. In fact, take lots of cardigans for inside and evenings! And choose restaurants with patio heaters for eating outside on an evening.

sphynx · 04/11/2018 20:06

Thank you everyone, I will look and try on tomorrow. If I buy a pair it will be good to break them in a bit before I go.

PastaRedWine- thank you for sharing what you wear and the tip about the weather. I’ll pack something to layer up in the evening.

OP posts:
travailtotravel · 04/11/2018 23:04

Toms are my go to.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.