My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

If you have uneven skin/pores do you use a finishing powder?

7 replies

Theothersideof40 · 26/09/2018 10:14

My skin is awful, even using a primer, then foundation it still looks rubbish!
If you have uneven skin/pores do you wear a powder of does this make your skin look worse?

OP posts:
WhereAreWeNow · 26/09/2018 10:18

I definitely find powder helps. A really finely milled one (I currently have a loose powder by Delilah which is very fine and silky) mainly on my nose. It really helps to blur pores.

In fact, there's a technique I remember reading about on here (there was some male beauty vlogger who did a video about it) where you put powder on before foundation and then again after. It acts as a primer. I did try it and it did kind of work.

cannotmakemymindup · 26/09/2018 10:18

Have you tried using a face mask that minimises pores? Soap & glory do two good ones.

Also for actual makeup coverage then have you tried using a silicon based primer? www.asos.com/prd/7949342 like this from The Ordinary.

cannotmakemymindup · 26/09/2018 10:20

Also still moisturising before doing foundation.
So moisturise, silicon primer, foundation?

Theothersideof40 · 26/09/2018 10:28

Thanks, yes i mositurise and have tried so many primers, its my chin area thats the problem, just feels like its full of holes. Its really affecting my confidence

OP posts:
WisestIsShe · 26/09/2018 10:31

I really like the bare minerals mineral veil, you only need a tiny bit.

MrsChollySawcutt · 26/09/2018 15:53

I second Bare Minerals, I use the mineral veil finishing powder, it's so finely milled it doesn't sit in pores.

CottonTailRabbit · 26/09/2018 15:56

Is the problem that the pores produce a lot of oil making each one more obvious? If so, blotting might work better than layering more on top.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.