My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

About to start the grow out - where to buy hair bands/clips/anything to help!

4 replies

twolittleboysonetiredmum · 01/09/2018 20:05

I’m 1 week passed my regular 6 week haircut and have decided to grow out my pixie. I’ve done this before and normally look bloody awful. Am determined not to be beaten by oddly growing hair. What can I do? Can anyone recommend someone I can buy cool hair bands to help cover the worse days? Nice clips and how to clip it without looking like a little girl? Any other great ideas to help me grow it gracefully and funkily?!

OP posts:
CraftyGin · 01/09/2018 20:06

Umm -Boots? Superdrug?

70isaLimitNotaTarget · 01/09/2018 21:46

You do need to get your hair trimmed though, keep the back/sides short and the top layers longer , then it'll all catch up (I sound quite convincing don't I? )

I am going through the Pixie-Ectomy , my top layers drive me barmy but I manage to straighten a bit with my Babylis brush or straighteners.

I bought a headband from Boots ( zig-zag with teeth) it would've been nicer in my hair colour though (they had black and blonde) it's designed to blend in.
Or just use kirby grips criss-crossed and a scarf . Scarves are huge this year but not just round your neck. Tie them on your bag, drape round your shoulders, tie them round your head !
Texture with wax or salt spray ?

twolittleboysonetiredmum · 01/09/2018 22:07

Good ideas thanks! I’m aiming for a 12 week gap. I need some growth time really. I’m still feeling uncertain but am sick of it being short .
I always feel a bit of a numpty with a hairband but so many other people pull them off.

OP posts:
TacoFlavouredKisses · 01/09/2018 22:16

ASOS is good for hair accessories!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.