My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Boyfriend style jeggings? Do they exist or can you find me something similar?

20 replies

ZoeRedbirdsLongLostSister · 27/08/2018 13:10

So I’m hoping the lovely ladies here in style and beauty can help me find if boyfriend style jeggings exist or something similar.

I can’t wear normal jeans as after having 3 kids I’ve got a bit of a belly and I always find the button digs in and hurts Sad so I prefer to wear jeggings because of the elasticated waist.

All the jeggings I’ve had are skinny leg or very slim leg and I’d like something a bit looser in the leg. I prefer a higher rise jeans and I always find with low rise jeans I find I’m always pulling them up because they fall off my big bum.

If they do exist I’d need them in a 16 short but I can have them taken up in I need to. I also prefer black and darker wash jeans but honestly if they fit well enough I could do other colours too.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.Smile

OP posts:
mycatsnameisbinks · 27/08/2018 13:19

Hi Op have you tried simply be? They do a boot cut begging I think

TheDropBear · 27/08/2018 13:22

www.cottontraders.com/women/jeans/?sz=20&start=20

Cotton traders has them in looser fits, mostly seem to be listed as "pull on" rather than jeggings.

MrsMariaPolouvicka · 27/08/2018 13:34

I think by definition jegging means a jean style legging, so if you're using jegging as a search word you will only find skinny styles.

Pull on jeans are probably more what you mean, like the PP suggested at Cotton Traders. To be honest, when I searched the only places that seem to stock elasticated wider leg jeans are the more errr, practical, and less stylish end of the clothing market. (I hesitate to say for the more mature market, but lets say they often crop up in those sunday supplement pull out mags)

If you're looking for something a bit more stylish but still comfortable, how about pull on ponte or gaberdine fabric trousers, or even heavy weight jersey with a slim or tapered leg? There are plenty about in Next, Cos, and Toast do some great high waisted pull on trousers if you have the budget for them.

ZoeRedbirdsLongLostSister · 27/08/2018 13:37

Thank you. I hadn’t thought about different wording. Pull ons definitely makes sense. I’ll have a look.

OP posts:
ZoeRedbirdsLongLostSister · 27/08/2018 13:46

Yes thank you MrsMariaPolouvicka that’s what I was finding and I was struggling to figure out the correct terminology for what I wanted. Yes I’m looking for something a bit more stylish than what you find in those Sunday supplements. Lol.
I find now I’m 31 with 3 kids I still want to look fashionable (I hope) but comfort is a much higher priority now. I’m finding it can be very hard to find clothes which fit the bill.

OP posts:
MrsMariaPolouvicka · 27/08/2018 14:10

Yeah, I just can't envisage anything remotely fashionable about elasticated wider leg jeans, sorry!

I really think redefining your look to incorporate casual pull on trousers would be a lot more stylish. I came back on to say I'm wearing these today:

www.cosstores.com/en_gbp/women/trousers/cropped-trousers/product.cropped-jersey-trousers-black.0568688002.html

I realise Cos is a marmite brand for many, and you definitely need to look beyond the online styling, but these trousers are a heavy jersey, pull on, I'm wearing today with a hoodie and trainers, but also wear them to work with a thin knit crew neck jumper and loafers. They are so versatile. If you're short, they probably won't be croppped on you though.

These are the Toast ones, I realise very ££ but they come in a range of neutral colours and would again look great with sweats or knits, trainers, smart shoes and still be comfortable

www.toa.st/uk/product/womens+trousers/c4jae-c4kae/cotton+twill+pull+on+trousers.htm?categoryref=%2fcategory.aspx%3fcategoryid%3dwomens%2520trousers%26seoterm%3dwomens%2520trousers%26&pcat=womens+trousers&adimage=&clr=C4JAE_SoftBlack_sw

zozozoo · 27/08/2018 14:15

Sounds like you want joggers...

ZoeRedbirdsLongLostSister · 27/08/2018 14:27

Thanks MrsMariaPolouvicka maybe you’re right and I need to have a rethink about my look. Thanks for the suggestions.

Lol. No zozozoo I’m not looking for joggers. I wanted something I could dress up or down like jeans or trousers rather then joggers. But thanks anyway.

OP posts:
Ducksarsehead · 27/08/2018 14:57

M&S had a range of tapered pull on trousers new in for Autumn. I only had a quick look as i was rushing but there were quite a few different prints and fabrics.

PhyllisWig · 27/08/2018 16:49

ASOS has some black jersey peg trousers for £16 in both regular and petite (and possibly tall, I have no reason to look...).

Uniqlo may also have some and H&M also do. Not seen any of them
In the flesh yet so no idea re quality but may be worth a look?

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall · 27/08/2018 22:17

I think zozozoo probably means the style of trousers called joggers rather than sweatpants, this kind of thing:
www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0576775012.html

PaulHollywoodsleftbollockhair · 27/08/2018 22:42

Lucy and yak do elasticated trousers that might work. They are high waisted and look good rolled up.

PaulHollywoodsleftbollockhair · 27/08/2018 22:45

This sort of thing...

PaulHollywoodsleftbollockhair · 27/08/2018 22:48
StillRunningWithScissors · 27/08/2018 22:49

Check out maternity jeans.

I had a pair from next that were brilliant. Relaxed legs, with an elastic band that was wide, but not the huge "over the belly/bump" type of thing.

They were actually no good for wearing once I hit 4months as the band kept folding over, but were great for years after I had DC.

ZoeRedbirdsLongLostSister · 29/08/2018 19:57

I really like the look of the bootcut ones from jdwilliams. I’m currently deciding whether to buy those or the pull on jeans from cotton traders. Thanks you for everyone who contributed.

OP posts:
ZoeRedbirdsLongLostSister · 29/08/2018 20:22

Oh and thank you allpizzasgreatandsmall I didn’t know about those style of trousers. I had wrongly assumed zozozoo meant jogging bottoms/sweatpants.

OP posts:
PaulHollywoodsleftbollockhair · 02/09/2018 10:04

I have ordered a pair of the dark wash ones to wear with converse/Birkenstock. For a short apple they look ideal. I feel the need for a change from skinnies/ rolled up straight legs.

Will report back.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.