My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Does anyone wear Maison Francis Kurkdjian perfume?

14 replies

emsiboob · 21/08/2018 18:49

I smelt the most amazing perfume today whilst buying some bits in selfridges. Spent all day smelling the sample card and was stunning. Went back and asked and it's £195!!! 😭😭😭 so I'm thinking I have a birthday soon and wondering whether to ask for it.

But before the splurge what's the rating power like? X

OP posts:
strawberryblondebint · 21/08/2018 19:34

I would have a look on Fragrantica and read the reviews. I'm a wee bit obsessed with perfume but usually pretty skint. What one was it out of curiosity.

MrsSchadenfreude · 21/08/2018 19:36

You need to tell us which one it was.
Get a sample from Les Senteurs.

Bugjune · 21/08/2018 20:25

Oud Satin Mood and Grand Soir are fantastic, not so keen on his lighter, muskier ones though.

emsiboob · 21/08/2018 20:26

Sorry! That would be helpful. It was the Oud Silk Mood

OP posts:
emsiboob · 21/08/2018 20:37

Rating power meant lasting power!!!

OP posts:
emsiboob · 21/08/2018 20:52

Just checked silk not satin

OP posts:
Ovaltine1 · 21/08/2018 21:00

OP, try it on your skin. When I bought it, I could smell the oud on paper. On my skin, it was the most lush rose and chamomile(i think). With a faint hum of oud. It is lovely and lasts a long time. Go for it, if you like how the scent transforms on your skin.

emsiboob · 21/08/2018 21:23

Thanks will nip back at weekend. Does it last on you?

OP posts:
Ovaltine1 · 21/08/2018 22:26

Yes, it does.

Fresta · 21/08/2018 23:47

I have the Satin Mood- it's amazing!

3TresTrois · 22/08/2018 00:04

I have tested many MFK perfumes and the only one I adore is Feminin Pluriel. That’s differing taste, though. Price and glamorous branding does not mean quality of scent in the perfume world. I am s perfumista 😆...and I own £15 AND £150 fragrances I would never be without, ifyswim.

MFK FP is divine stuff (to me) but can’t stretch to a full bottle currently. If you can stretch to it, of course buy if you love it. But before you buy, make sure you genuinely do love it. Get a sample and wear a few times. Notino is a good sample site. Or the perfumista thread will advise others. Don’t waste your money unless it’s a keeper.

Doingreat · 22/08/2018 00:35

@3trestrois what's the 15 quid perfume you can't live without? Do tell, thanks.

3TresTrois · 22/08/2018 02:37

Oh so many. Depends on your taste as to what you’ll like?

For sweet/vanilla/gourmand: I love Aquolina Gold Sugar, Beyoncé Rise, Britney Fantasy The Naughty Remix, Sofia Vergara signature scent (more than 15. But for 100mls maybe 30?)), Taylor Swift Taylor.

Fresh: Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, Yardley Jade, CLEAN fragrances ( I got a tester kit of 4 x 15 mls last year and they have lasted into this summer) .

Spicy: Queen Latifah signature oibQueen of Hearts.
Floral: Madonna Truth or Dare, Love the majority of Elizabeth Taylor fragrances, which are cheap as chips. Yardley Bluebelll. Body shop Mountain AtlasRose.

LOVE the perfume parlour dupes of all sorts of higher end fragrances.

Doingreat · 22/08/2018 12:13

Thanks 3tres that's a comprehensive list! I will give some a try when I'm passing by the perfume counter next time.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.