My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

which holding in your tummy pants are the best?

30 replies

catnip · 08/05/2007 09:18

Need some cast iron ones as baby tummy still present and have to squeeze into posh dress.

OP posts:
honeybunny · 10/05/2007 18:50

A friend swears by her spanx, and another on a comparison mission decided that Tr and Suz magic pants were a much less forgiving fabric and produced v unforgiving rolls of flab at either end, whereas the spanx were slightly thinner material, more give and therefore better contours at either end!! If that makes sense.

I think the trick is to go for all over coverage if wearing a floaty dress type outfit or a waisted version if in trousers or skirt. I'm a size 8, but still think I need some major help with smoothing lumpy bits and made the mistake of having a noticeable waist line (cycle shorts type magic knickers) under a dress, fine indoors, but outdoor pics where the breeze draped my dress more closely, looked yuk.

twinsetandpearls · 10/05/2007 22:24

thanks fying carpet

friendly · 11/05/2007 12:44

I've got the m&s cycling short pants and I'm afraid some of my squodge spills over the top. I wanted to wear them last weekend to a party with a slightly clingy top and it did not look good . DH said I needed a corset, nicely I hasten to add, and I think he's right. I like Ladyoftheflowers idea of a sexy basque. Where do you buy one of those?!

friendly · 11/05/2007 12:54

I didn't wear them by the way. I think my excess tummy had to go somewhere. They work well with trousers or a skirt and loosish top though.

ManxMum · 11/05/2007 18:01

My husband calls mine my 'OUT OF CONTROL' pants!

No hope for me then....

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.